Hi could someone please explain what this number is on my app icon

Replies

• kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Notifications. When you open the app there's a bell top left of the screen, click through it to see notifications.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I assume it's your notifications. Friends' activities, favorited posts, messages, etc. I don't have the Apple app, but on the Android version and desktop website, there's a little bell for my notifications in the upper left corner.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's the thing I immediately turn off for all my apps.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah just turn off all those notifications. Such a bother!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Just all the stuff your friends have been up to, all the pounds they've been losing, dogs they've been walking etc.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Just all the stuff your friends have been up to, all the pounds they've been losing, dogs they've been walking etc.

I snorted.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It's a list of all the things you've already seen/ignored in your news feed that takes ages to load.
  • Orphia
    Options

@MelanieCN77 How do you turn these off?

I know how to turn Push Notifications off, but these aren't Push Notifications.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

You turn off badge icons in your phone's settings, not the app's settings. I don't know exactly how it works on Android, but for iOS devices, go to Settings/Notifications/MyFitnessPal/Badge App Icon.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Is this an IOS thing? I have an Android and don't have the notifications on my home screen. I haven't turned any notifications on or off.
  • Orphia
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

You turn off badge icons in your phone's settings, not the app's settings. I don't know exactly how it works on Android, but for iOS devices, go to Settings/Notifications/MyFitnessPal/Badge App Icon.

@CafeRacer808 Thanks, exactly what I needed! I appreciate you taking the time to post those instructions.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Is this an IOS thing? I have an Android and don't have the notifications on my home screen. I haven't turned any notifications on or off.

I am also android and have never seen them.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Someone already got you! I don't mind the badge app icons on mail and messages but every last social or other app on my phone demanding my attention is a no.