Natural Remedies for heart burn???

Options
moyyster
moyyster Posts: 37 Member
I wasn't sure which forum to place this query under- I figured this one would be best.

Does anyone know of any natural remedy for heart burn? I rarely, rarely ever get it and I have had the most insane heart burn all night long. I have heard of eating a few raw almonds or drinking milk. I've tried both and nothing has worked out so far... and I'm not too keen on taking over the counter medicine. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mastic Gum, an herb you can find in health food stores and vitamin shops, is supposed to be pretty good.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not the most pleasent smelling but when I was pregnant with my first son my dad would freak out if i took tums. Hes more of a "natural" type person (nothing wrong with that) and he made me drink apple cider vinegar. Just a VERY little sip at a time and it did help if you can get past the smell. I just plugged my nose :) Good Luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you look at the label, Tums are not really a "medicine." I don't like to take OTC medication either, but I'm ok with Tums. :)

When I was pregnant with my daughter I got bad heartburn, and it would sometimes help to eat a slice of dry bread. But not always. I hope you find a solution soon. Heartburn is no fun.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Milk. works well for me because i hate chalky tablets or gaviscon works
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    My husband mixes a teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water and drinks it...seems to help him.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it before, but a co-worker of mine takes a tsp. of mustard and says it works for him.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that charcoal tablets are great for any problems regarding the stomach.
  • deb1130
    deb1130 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Celery is great for heartburn. So are digestive enzymes, which are abundant in papaya and aslo pineapple.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    plain mint tea, jubjube or red twizzlers can help

but avoid dairy, that's a myth and actually makes most causes of heartburn worse.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it before as I usually just have a Rennie if I get heartburn but I've heard that peppermint tea is good for it.
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Papaya is great! :)