Logging weight workouts

Options
Hi there! I'm sure this has been asked a trillion times, but how does everyone log their weight training workouts? I'm a pro at logging cardio but now that I'm trying to get serious about actually doing some weight training, I wanted to know how everyone else did it. Any input you have is much appreciated!

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I log all workouts into fitbit and since the accounts are linked it adjusts my calories through out the day
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Go into the cardio section - search "strength training" - log it just as you would anything else. The calories will probably be way off since strength training is much harder to calculate than cardio and you have so many stop and starting, etc...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I add strength training under cardio to get my exercise minutes. For the actual exercises,sets,reps, weight...I have a notebook that i keep track in.
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Under the cardio section, I log it as "circuit training"... but I don't bother with the cals burned since I don't log them. It does shoot out an estimate when you put in the time, but I enter 1 as my calories burned.
  • wheninroam
    wheninroam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I log it under MFP -strength training, that way I can keep track of what machines I've worked on, at what weight, and how many reps I did. The downfall is that I don't get much credit for calories burned, but I wouldn't know how to figure it accurately anyways..