Exercise advice

Options
I am looking to try to balance my workouts. I go to Planet Fitness and started lifting free weights. How do you balance your cardio and weights? I always go towards the weights or machines in the gym and am not a huge fan of cardio.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I am looking to try to balance my workouts. I go to Planet Fitness and started lifting free weights. How do you balance your cardio and weights? I always go towards the weights or machines in the gym and am not a huge fan of cardio.

if you dont like cardio,then do it one day a week or so and the rest lift weights, just make sure you get a rest day in here or there.you dont have to use machines to get cardio in there are other ways to do it(biking,swimming,running,walking).but its your choice
  • BobbyLively1961
    BobbyLively1961 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I try to do both
  • DefiningStrength
    Options
    I recommend doing your lifting (because you enjoy it), and including cardio via things like HIIT and loaded carry circuits (for your cardiovascular (Heart) health, also important for lifting)
    High Intensity Interval Training can have you done in 15-20 minutes, contributes to building strength (creates a similar body response to weight lifting) and keeps you interested because you can push yourself.
    Loaded carries improve your grip, posture & strength, elevate your hear rate and you can finish a circuit in 10 minutes.
    'Normal' cardio can drag on in a gym environment. I like these options because they can go at the end of your workout without too much added time. That also means that you can balance your training and take full rest days for recovery!