Stretch Marks!?

Options
Let's face it, we all (or most) have had them at one point or another. But what's the best thing for getting rid of them? I've tried Scar-zone but found that it works far less than Cocoa butter formulated lotions. Is there anything that works better than this?

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bio-oil works ok, its not cheap tho. also this isnt the best advice but i found sunbeds hid them quite well.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. Mainly because it is in my price range. But I can say that although they have not disappeared, they are much less noticable.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I had them throughout my teenage years and early twenties, they're all silvery now so not too visable...would be good to know if there are things to hide them a bit more
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    Unfortunately you can not get rid of them. But they fade and turn silvery white with time. Also you can try using self tanning cream to camouflage them. I just ignore mine :)
  • ambergirl327
    Options
    Time! Stretch marks are like a drunk lying on your belly the only way to sober them up(shrink/hide) is to give them time, they fade at their own rate and in their own way. Using a good moisturizer and staying well hydrated helps but stretch marks are scars that are hereditary not only can you not avoid them you can make them magically disappear shot of having a tummy tuck in extreme cases and that only removes some then it give you a new scar. Keep using the lotion you see the most improvement with, keep your skin hydrated inside and out and after a while they will fade. If you are into tanning keeping a warm glow helps hide them and makes your skin look healthier!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well, the ad that was at the top of the page when this post came up was for TriLASTIN. Personally I have never used it or never even heard of it, but the photos were pretty convincing!
    My stretch marks are mostly from my kids, so I wear them with pride (still not pretty, but I EARNED them).
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I have been using Mederma stretch marks therapy for 3 months, which is the recommended time. I have seen some difference, but nothing gets rid of 'em completely.