Staying on your nutrition path!!

Options
A really important thing that is helping me stay well within my calorie window is planning my eating ahead by a day or two. That means when I finish eating all of my calories for the day I start logging in my routine meals for tomorrow. (I.E. Protein shake, chicken breast cottage cheese etc) that way I'm not eating as I go, I have a plan set out for me so if I do feel like pigging out I know I can only eat x amount of calories instead of just "until I feel full."

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't plan everything out - but I do my routine things (i.e. my bowl of cereal before bed; or the bagel/schmerr that I have in the am) - then I have routine things that are easy to plug and play to fill in macros (chicken breast/shrimp/egg whites for protein; pasta for carbs)
  • ericpiccione
    ericpiccione Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't plan everything out - but I do my routine things (i.e. my bowl of cereal before bed; or the bagel/schmerr that I have in the am) - then I have routine things that are easy to plug and play to fill in macros (chicken breast/shrimp/egg whites for protein; pasta for carbs)
    Whatever does the trick for you I recommend this method because it keeps you away from the junk as much as possible because you have a "eat clean now play later" mindset that helps you stay focused
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's so easy that way. I don't have to think what to eat, just go by what's already logged, prepared & packed with me. This has prevented me from going off track so far. Highly recommend!
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I plan my next week's meals on Fridays. This not only keeps me on track, but also helps with my grocery list.