Maintainers weekly Check-in February 2017

Replies

• girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    @Trina2040 phew - that's made me feel a little less jealous! The price to pay, I suppose?! I still think I'd swap it for all my rainy, grey and cold though.... I'm all thermals, hot water bottles and casseroles here LOL!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 148
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3

2/5 152.8
    2/15 156.8

Just got back from a rare 4-day mini trip. Lots of good eating and now I'm paying for it! Oh well, some of it's water weight and some I'm sure is real weight. 155 is the top of my maintenance range, so I'll follow my plan, eat at a deficit for a couple of weeks, then I'll get back where I want to be.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Last month average 114

week of 2/5 113
    week of 2/12 114

Gained that silly pound back. Good grief, a couple of years ago, that would have been normal. Now it is a struggle. Leg/hip injury healing nicely. I hope I will be able to get back to running next week. @Trina2040 nope, not going to move south. Too hot! <3
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    @girlgroves & @mk2fit It is too hot in summer (90s & almost 100% humidity) and that's always when the air conditioner dies, but if I lived in the frozen north I'd never stop eating. I hate the cold! All those casseroles are just too yummy.
  • mk2fit
    @Trina2040 casseroles = running, lol
  • girlgroves
    This week's update:

Name: Mandy
    SW: 196lbs
    GW: 140lbs
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 142lbs (although aiming to lower this range a little over time so that 140 is my max)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs (not bad since I started the month at 144lbs!)

Week of...
    27th January (for ref): 141.2lbs
    3rd February: 141.6lbs
    10th February: 140.6lbs
    17th February:141.6lbs - again!
    24th February:

Success/struggles of the week:[/quote] all OK this week, and slowly getting back to a more comfortable maintenance weight. I've got a big weekend ahead though so hoping I don't blow it too badly. [/quote] Well - guess what? - I spoke too soon! I totally blew it on the weekend, ate out 3 days on the trot and then struggled to rein it in again at the beginning of the week. I feel like I should know better by now :( I won't be doing that again for a while.....

@mk2fit casseroles totally = running!!
    + running = good way of getting warm! :wink:

Have a good week everyone x

• powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2017
    Total Weight lost: 85lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 2.5yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170lbs (6' M)

Week of...
    End January: 168.0lbs
    10th February: 171.8lbs
    17th February: 172.0lbs

Success/struggles of the week: Many struggles and excuses...

Haven't reset back to routine from travel last week and am taking in too many calories for the amount of activity I'm doing. Not liking the trend. Been injured last half of this week so isn't helping.

Next week will be more travel so I don't expect to get into a real rhythm of decline until late February. Training for a 5 or 10k mid March so that'll be my motivation to get back on track. Weather is warming up so once I'm out running and walking daily the weight should fall off.

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Name: Stephen
    Weight Lost (Jan-Dec 2016): 77 pounds

6th February: 182.8 pounds (trend)
    13th February: 182.2 pounds (trend)
    20th February:
    27th February:

Trend dropped by 0.6 pounds this week; goal weight is 185 pounds, so I'm still running a little low, as I'd like to stay between 183-187. Averaged 3,400 calories/day eating this week; will up it to 3,500/day.

Have settled in with alternating days of 60 minutes of cardio and 60 minutes of bodyweight/strength training, plus 30 minutes/day stretching. Also getting about 60 minutes of walking each day as well.

• mk2fit
    I have noticed that a lot of us are obsessing over 1 or 2 pounds. After losing so much weight, you would think we would have this and those little pounds would just not bother us. What if we all pledge to weigh ourselves once per week, or even better, once per month?
    I am pretty sure water weight does not last more than a couple of days, so no excuses there. We are all supposedly on maintenance which means we probably know what we are doing and what works for us. Need you all be reminded that CICO actually works? Eat less, exercise more. Let's all get moving!! Exercise more, eat less...you know how this works.
    Rant over.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Name: Jen
    Total Weight lost:135+
    Time it took to lose: 2.5yrs
    How long in maintenance: I declared it at 140 last January, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

Week of...
    30th January: 127.1lbs

Week of...
    3rd February: 126.9lbs
    10th February: 126.5lbs
    17th February:
    24th February:

Success of the week: I got a great evaluation at work, so that was lovely. Still having trouble with my afternoons and evenings being all about steps and snacks. I may go craft store browsing in search of some hobby stuff to keep my hands busy.

• powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    mk2fit wrote: »
    I have noticed that a lot of us are obsessing over 1 or 2 pounds. After losing so much weight, you would think we would have this and those little pounds would just not bother us. What if we all pledge to weigh ourselves once per week, or even better, once per month?
    I am pretty sure water weight does not last more than a couple of days, so no excuses there. We are all supposedly on maintenance which means we probably know what we are doing and what works for us. Need you all be reminded that CICO actually works? Eat less, exercise more. Let's all get moving!! Exercise more, eat less...you know how this works.
    Rant over.

I totally agree with your post. I've been guilty of this lately and it all boils down to water weight from carbs/salt and eating too many calories for given activity level. Period.

For me the trend primarily bothers me as I've been reminded several times in my life it's a slippery slope when things start moving upwards on the scale and haven't had as much motivation to resist it. I need to be more accountable and follow the simple cico routine. Simple.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    What if we all pledge to weigh ourselves once per week, or even better, once per month? I am pretty sure water weight does not last more than a couple of days, so no excuses there. We are all supposedly on maintenance which means we probably know what we are doing and what works for us.

so instead of using a trending weight app (Happy Scale, Libra) or web site (trendweight.com/weightgrapher.com) to evaluate the trend of your daily weight ins, you would rather deny yourself data points and trust the luck of the draw that the two "spaced apart" samples you will chose will be more representative of reality than the complete daily data set?

You have no way of knowing if this Wednesday and next Wednesday are a local high and a local low respectively.
    Or just the opposite.
    The same applies to any random Thursday, Friday, and Saturday too.

Or are you only going to choose days that you didn't go out to eat the day before?
    What if you go out every single day next week?
    What if TOM rolls around?

Isn't it much simpler to weight every day and throw the number in an app, especially not as fixated and upset with numbers as in the past?

Heck, my problem half the time is to remember not to eat or drink before I weigh myself!!!!

/back to lurking
  • Trina2040
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years (March 2017)
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded January: 130.3

Week of...
    6th February: 130.3
    13th February: 131.3
    20th February: 130.5
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: All good here! Back on track with gym this coming week. Do to advanced old age (ha ha) there's surgery in my future but not for a while yet, so good news there. Staying calm and carrying on.
  • Trina2040
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    What if we all pledge to weigh ourselves once per week, or even better, once per month? I am pretty sure water weight does not last more than a couple of days, so no excuses there. We are all supposedly on maintenance which means we probably know what we are doing and what works for us.

so instead of using a trending weight app (Happy Scale, Libra) or web site (trendweight.com/weightgrapher.com) to evaluate the trend of your daily weight ins, you would rather deny yourself data points and trust the luck of the draw that the two "spaced apart" samples you will chose will be more representative of reality than the complete daily data set?

You have no way of knowing if this Wednesday and next Wednesday are a local high and a local low respectively.
    Or just the opposite.

Or are you only going to choose days that you didn't go out to eat the day before?

Isn't it much simpler to weight every day and throw the number in an app, especially not as fixated and upset with numbers as in the past?

Heck, my problem half the time is to remember not to eat or drink before I weigh myself!!!!

/back to lurking

I have to agree with @PAV8888 here. I love to gather the data points to watch the trends up and down so I do weigh in every day and track them on TrendWeight.com. Watching the trend is what keeps me from getting too wound up tight about every little blip on the scale. I actually like the math now, who knew? PS. I hate math.

If someone prefers some other method that's awesome too. Sorry @mk2fit! Love you!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    Trina2040 wrote: »

Or just the opposite.

/back to lurking

I have to agree with @PAV8888 here. I love to gather the data points to watch the trends up and down so I do weigh in every day and track them on TrendWeight.com. Watching the trend is what keeps me from getting too wound up tight about every little blip on the scale. I actually like the math now, who knew? PS. I hate math.

If someone prefers some other method that's awesome too. Sorry @mk2fit! Love you!

I agree too. I actually like math. I figure the more data points the better.
  • bradkyleeheller
    bradkyleeheller Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2017
    Name: Kylee
    Total Weight lost: 8 kg, 17.6lbs
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: 2nd month started this year
    Maintenance weight range: revised 57 - 59.5 kg, 125.5 - 131lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 58.2 kg , 128.3lbs
    Week of...
    6th February: 57.6kg, 127lbs
    13th February: 58.5kg, 128.9lbs
    20th February: 57.5kg, 126.7lbs
    27th February:

Success/struggles: I am getting better at making low cal muffins, I had no idea rolled oats could replace flour. Still a struggle to keep away from sweets. So I have just been trying to make my sweets better and getting my execise + step count back up, it seems to be working. Husband now has a garmin too so now we are competing against each other. Loving that he now is wanting to be a healthier him.

I also like weighing daily if I didn't I'm sure that weight would pile on. The garmin dash board gives me a seven day average easy no maths except for converting to pounds.
  • girlgroves
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Trina2040 wrote: »

Or just the opposite.

/back to lurking

I agree too. I actually like math. I figure the more data points the better.

I have to agree too. I know I started off obsessing and worrying over every little fluctuation when I first hit my goal weight and went into maintenance but over time seeing them actually reassures me that I'm doing ok. I like having the data - because of it I now know that I can fluctuate anything up to 4lbs a week, but that by Friday I'm mostly on track again. If I only weighed once a month and saw that I was 4lbs up I could easily think I'd put on a lb a week...... and that really would worry me! Daily weighing and weekly recording is working well for me personally.
  • mk2fit
    @PAV8888 and @Trina2040 my point was weighing daily can be obsessive, which, of course, a lot of us are. PAV8888, lol, I'm pretty sure TOM is not one of your issues. Mine, neither. I stand behind my suggestion of weighing once weekly or less often; doesn't mean I do it. Love you too, Trina!