Coming back a 3rd time, gunna try to be positive!!

Options
I have uninstalled this app so many times during my quit times. I'm trying something new this time, working out in the morning. Right now I'm 50~60 pounds over weight and have a cosplay in summer with my skinny boyfriend. This is the best goal I got but I'm gunna try!

Replies

• Nesss13
    Nesss13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I lost weight prior using this program so I know it works and it will work for you too.Good luck and third times the charm!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    50 - 60 pounds by summer is kinda setting yourself up for failure. Fyi. The healthy way to lose weight is 1 lbs a week. It took me almost a year to lose 50 lbs.

You can do it but don't expect to much to fast.

If you want advice or to see how I did it you can check out my blog. www.averagejoefit.net :smiley:
  • Maryiswhere86
    Maryiswhere86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I leave and come back to but this time to stay, tired of gaining back what I loose...we got this woman, im going to friend you and if you feel like quitting i will be there to talk you out of it
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    50 - 60 pounds by summer is kinda setting yourself up for failure. Fyi. The healthy way to lose weight is 1 lbs a week. It took me almost a year to lose 50 lbs.

If you want advice or to see how I did it you can check out my blog. www.averagejoefit.net :smiley:

Everyone is different - you can lose up to 2lbs per week and still be healthy, just listen to your body.

I've lost 10 out of 40ish, and all I can say is.. trust the process. Log accurately. Be consistent. You got this!! I also workout in the mornings, and find it sets me up for a better day. When you think skipping the gym won't matter, think about your end goal.

You got this!! You're not alone! Welcome back :)
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost and gained 20+ pounds more often then I would life to imagine. Falling off the weight loss bandwagon is easy and I found that I finally was able to lose the weight and keep it off by taking the show and steady approach.

Is 2 lbs a week possible? Yes but as someone who was like you many more times and is now successfully keeping the weight off. Slow and steady is the way.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    3rd time's the charm. Don't forget that proper diet has more to do with weight loss than just working out. Good luck!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »

Everyone is different - you can lose up to 2lbs per week and still be healthy, just listen to your body.

I've lost 10 out of 40ish, and all I can say is.. trust the process. Log accurately. Be consistent. You got this!! I also workout in the mornings, and find it sets me up for a better day. When you think skipping the gym won't matter, think about your end goal.

With the amount of weight OP has to lose, 2lb/week is considered pretty aggressive and not sustainable in the long run. 1.5lb/week is probably the maximum that will be sustainable. It's also important to remember that OP will want to lower down to 1lb/week after losing ~10-15 lbs, and lower again to .5 lb/week when she's about 10-15 lbs away from her goal weight. Factoring all of that in, I agree with @Loomisj72 that OP's goal is unrealistic.

OP, I think it's important to ask yourself why you keep quitting and having to come back to MFP. As you get closer to your goal weight, you should start figuring out what your maintenance plan will be. Losing weight is only half the battle. The other and longer lasting half is maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life. And that doesn't mean going back to your old way of eating.
  • Aamartian
    Aamartian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Taylersharkey
    Taylersharkey Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Thanks but I didn't plan on losing it all by summer! I just would like be any kind of lesser than what I am now. :) I've lost 20 pounds during my senior year but gained it back through a sit down job mixed with birth control. So just going back!
  • Taylersharkey
    Options
    I leave and come back to but this time to stay, tired of gaining back what I loose...we got this woman, im going to friend you and if you feel like quitting i will be there to talk you out of it

Alright!! Well be push buddies :smiley: I'm tired of excusing myself just to have to work harder to shed it back off! We can do this, 2017 is gunna be our year!!
  • Taylersharkey
    Options
    I lost and gained 20+ pounds more often then I would life to imagine. Falling off the weight loss bandwagon is easy and I found that I finally was able to lose the weight and keep it off by taking the show and steady approach.

Is 2 lbs a week possible? Yes but as someone who was like you many more times and is now successfully keeping the weight off. Slow and steady is the way.

Def agree. I lost more weight taking it slow and not being too emotional about messing up.
  • Taylersharkey
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    3rd time's the charm. Don't forget that proper diet has more to do with weight loss than just working out. Good luck!

Yes! I have to start cooking lunch the day before for work now cause frozen dinners are so bad man
  • Taylersharkey
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »

With the amount of weight OP has to lose, 2lb/week is considered pretty aggressive and not sustainable in the long run. 1.5lb/week is probably the maximum that will be sustainable. It's also important to remember that OP will want to lower down to 1lb/week after losing ~10-15 lbs, and lower again to .5 lb/week when she's about 10-15 lbs away from her goal weight. Factoring all of that in, I agree with @Loomisj72 that OP's goal is unrealistic.

OP, I think it's important to ask yourself why you keep quitting and having to come back to MFP. As you get closer to your goal weight, you should start figuring out what your maintenance plan will be. Losing weight is only half the battle. The other and longer lasting half is maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life. And that doesn't mean going back to your old way of eating.

I guess I worded my goal wrong, but I never said I wanted to lose all the weight by summer. I'm just saying that cosplaying is a goal to stop excusing myself from dieting and working out. My goal weight will honestly be going back to 150, so I'm sure I can do that! And I kept leaving because I would get depressed and surrounded myself by negative people and let myself emotionally eat. I've cut those people out and have a supportive boyfriend, so all is good!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I guess I worded my goal wrong, but I never said I wanted to lose all the weight by summer. I'm just saying that cosplaying is a goal to stop excusing myself from dieting and working out. My goal weight will honestly be going back to 150, so I'm sure I can do that! And I kept leaving because I would get depressed and surrounded myself by negative people and let myself emotionally eat. I've cut those people out and have a supportive boyfriend, so all is good!

Good on you for cutting those negative people out of your life. Best of luck to you!
  • tezibaby
    tezibaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm starting the weight loss journey for the umpteenth time but here we go feel free to add me so we can support each other xx
  • Taylersharkey
    Options

Good on you for cutting those negative people out of your life. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much!
  • Taylersharkey
    Options
    tezibaby wrote: »
    Hey I'm starting the weight loss journey for the umpteenth time but here we go feel free to add me so we can support each other xx

I got chu! Sent a rq