Intermittent Fasting

Options
So I'm new to intermittent fasting I wanted to see if anyone else does it and do you count calories or not? I'm doing 16:8 and count calories but I eat what ever I want.

Replies

• shellsarin
    shellsarin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bought a book by Dr. Jason Fung on it but haven't started yet.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    I've done IF for years.

Yes I count calories too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to intermittent fasting I wanted to see if anyone else does it and do you count calories or not? I'm doing 16:8 and count calories but I eat what ever I want.

When I was doing 5:2 I still had to count calories. But this is an individual thing. Try logging for awhile and see if you can get to a place where logging isn't necessary.

Here's are links to a couple of groups here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
    3675209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Recently, I have picked one day of the week, either a Friday or Saturday, to fast. Both for scriptural reasons and for weight loss. I will not eat midnight say on Friday night until probably after 7am on Sunday morning, after my weekly weigh in. All I do is count calories and run for 15minutes a day, 6 days a week, plus 200 modified situps/ a day. I do drink coffee black and maybe unsweetened tea when fating, but that is it, and I may chew a stick or two of sugarless gum. The fasting seems to help balance out "excess calories" from the week.
  • tlopez801341
    tlopez801341 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

When I was doing 5:2 I still had to count calories. But this is an individual thing. Try logging for awhile and see if you can get to a place where logging isn't necessary.

Here's are links to a couple of groups here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

Thanks for the links!
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting works wonders for me, if just to be an eating schedule that works better with my lifestyle than the small meals every couple hours thing which tends to make me hungrier, but also it helps stop me binging because I eat my calories in a healthy way during the time of day I'm usually tempted to binge. So I fast from 10pm to 5pm ish. Initially, I didn't count calories and just made the eating schedule change but it helped me stop gaining and lose a bit. Started counting calories so I could make more consistent progress.
  • sarahills
    sarahills Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I logged cals on a fasting day as I found it very educational seeing how many cals were in foods at the very beginning. If you already know this then you don't need to but it worked for me.
  • jennabeauchesne
    jennabeauchesne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I IT Fast too!! I fast every other day- so, eat, fast, eat, repeat. Although I did just fast the past three days and broke it at 9pm the third day. Today is a fasting day, actually! I'd love to be friends!
  • Jnich713
    Jnich713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im also doing IF. I count my calories with the app while also fasting for 16 hours and eating in an 8 hour window. Im already down 5 lbs after the first month. Its hard at times, just keep it up and be sure to get the recomended calories or at least close to it
  • teicu1
    teicu1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. On IF.... I don’t eat any solid foods or drink milk after 6:00pm, so I do a ~13-hour IF every day. That’s a major IF escapade for me, but I do it every day! Multi-day IF runs are beyond my reach and even my imagination, but I congratulate those who can actually do that.
  • tlopez801341
    tlopez801341 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I IT Fast too!! I fast every other day- so, eat, fast, eat, repeat. Although I did just fast the past three days and broke it at 9pm the third day. Today is a fasting day, actually! I'd love to be friends!

Hey so I wanted to ask how did you feel after the 3 day fast? And also why do you fast is it for weight loss?