Saying aloha

Options
Started this year by quitting smoking and learning to manage my diet and exercise. Haven't smoked and still working on the remainder of my goals.
Didn't want to post until I felt I had the cigarette addiction under control. Now I'm ready for help in my other goals.
TJ

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up ☺
  • tjb1953
    tjb1953 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • JPC_FITNESS
    JPC_FITNESS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome never give up!! The journey is just as important as the destination. Im new to here also just joined yesterday
  • teicu1
    teicu1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The year after I stopped smoking in 4/2002 was a very difficult time for weight control for me. Basically, I packed it on. It took me some time to pull out of that trend. But wishes and best of luck with getting a handle on it quicker and better than I did.
  • tjb1953
    Options
    JPC - Thank you and welcome.
  • tjb1953
    Options
    teicu1 - My grandfather did the same, packed it on. I'm trying to avoid changing my smoking habit for another, eating. I would snack on cookies and cake all day just as I used to smoke all day.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Try logging your food here and looking at the nutritional info. Look at it as changing how you fuel your body and I think within a week of appropriate eating you'll feel much better, especially if you do some sort of exercise, even just going for a walk.