Videos for starting out?

Options
Hi there. I have an elliptical, but am ashamed to say I am about 20 pounds heavier than it's max weight. So, just wanted any suggestions for any work out videos? I plan on walking outside when the weather cools down. I do have walk away the pounds, and maybe that is where I should start.
Thanks!

Replies

• lrodriguez83
    lrodriguez83 Posts: 136
    Options
    I LOVE the biggest loser DVD's... They are great and I tried them when I first started.
    And I love ZUMBA!!!!! Its only has high impact as you make it.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yess, zumba is the best!! it's so much fun. i also enjoy hip hop abs!

Jillian Michael's is a killer but her DVDs are great - working my way through 30 Day Shred at the moment :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a gym membership at the moment, so I've been walking and using Wii Fit. There are also free videos on my cable company's On Demand service.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds dvd's are great! You can do as much or as little as you like as they are split up into half mile intervals. I have her 3 mile walk away the pounds for abs and her 5 miles fat burning walk. They burn lots of calories without being so intense that they kill you!
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You may consider really focusing on your intake. Changing your eating habits for a couple weeks even can take care of the 20 lbs. I don't know what your starting weight is but someone in my family who has a significant amount of weight to loose started (on her own) to really watch her eating and do just a little walking around her home and in just about 3-4 weeks lost 25 lbs. In addition, who all has ever sat in a camping chair that had a weight limit that was obviously less then you weigh and it still did fine right??? The good thing about an elliptical is that it is low impact so I doubt that 20 pounds will harm it. I can see where you are cautious though, thats a lot of money to spend on something that you want to last a long time. I like Slim in 6, its a couple years old though and I just got Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I like it too. Good luck!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Zumba!! I burned 979 calories last night in 53 minutes!!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    30 day shred is great.. I workout with that currently ... I haven't went the entire 30 days but its a goal. Jillian Michaels has levels so you can choose which ones you can do and progress to harder moves the more fit you get.. I started out not being able to do more than 3 push ups and this morning I did over 10. :) It can happen, just takes time. :)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    The workout dvds that I like are Jillian Michaels, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Leslie Sansone, etc... You may also want to check out www.collagevideo.com... It has a ton of dvds for beginners to advanced!
  • cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    I power walk in the early morn hours or the evening :). I've also started the 30 day shred but just like gunny34 I haven't been consistent. That is about to change come August first though--I will work it the whole 31 days...
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is great.. I workout with that currently ... I haven't went the entire 30 days but its a goal. Jillian Michaels has levels so you can choose which ones you can do and progress to harder moves the more fit you get.. I started out not being able to do more than 3 push ups and this morning I did over 10. :) It can happen, just takes time. :)

I can never do the push ups, even second time around!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Walk... Walk run... Jillian is great... Hip hop abs... Turbo jam... Power90.... Slim in 6... Or even the shakeology 30 and 50 DVDs are all great for starting out!!!!