16 Year Old Bride?!

Options
I'm watching a new talk show called "Father Albert" and on it today is that 51 year old guy who married a 16 year old girl. REALLY??? How did he not get locked up for this? How could her parents approve of such a thing? To me it is disgusting that somebody his age has interest in a child. PEDOPHILE! She obviously craves some sort of attention that she is not getting. SOULMATES MY *kitten*!!!!

Random, I know but I just felt like sharing :happy:

Sorry if I've offended anybody in any way...

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    its even worse when Afghanistan and arabic countries girls get married at 12 to old men.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yeah, That's pretty darn gross
  • tbeaner79
    tbeaner79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeew!!!! I'm with ya! WTH is this girls parents thinking and why isn't this guy being charged by the state?? If it was some "young and dumb" 22 year old the state would press charges no matter how much consent the parent gives! That is insane!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's that actor from "Lost" and the 16 yo girl who looks like she's 35, right?

I saw this interview -they met on line. The parents approved. He didn't know she was that young (I mean, look at her). They supposedly waited until they were married to have sex (she was a virgin - like waiting until you are 16 is some big feat). I think he is deluded that she loves him; I think she is using him to get connections for her singing career. Her parents are just nuts.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The guy is famous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why her parents would agree to it.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    yuk :sick: :noway:
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    That 16 year old chic is a fame wh**re! LOL She doesn't love him she just wants to get famous! She said on the E channel that she wants her own reality show.....
  • charli246
    charli246 Posts: 35
    Options
    Check out this Anderson Cooper clip. Her demeanor is just not right.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/16/the-ridiculist-romance-haters/
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    well its out in the public eye for people to make comments and pass judgement....its not something you see everyday.... and its something that makes us feel a bit uncomfortable with....but who knows what the reason is that they got married.

Hes rich and can give her all the things she wants and shes probably more blinded by that than anything else. shes probably hoping hell have a heart attack and die and shell get all his money and the life she really wants....

or it could just simply be that they are in love and the age gap is only weird cos shes 16. if she was 26 and he was 61 then people would look at it a differnt way. she certainly doesnt look 16 thats for sure!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The guy is famous. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why her parents would agree to it.

ohhhh them! yeah she doesnt look 16! her own fault
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Ew. I agree that this is completely unacceptable.

But would I be okay if it was an 18 year old bride? I guess so, since she would be at least legally an adult. Still would be kind of icky though.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is disturbing!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    its even worse when Afghanistan and arabic countries girls get married at 12 to old men.

that horrible,
    people shouldnt be allowed to do that.
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Yea I saw those two on TV and she is definately trying to be a huge sex symbol and I think she thinks his connections will help. GROSS!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I read about this. For a start, I'm amazed if she is actually 16 >_>
    Secondly, she looks like she's on something.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    SO TRUE SHE DOESNT LOOK 16 OH WELL TO EACH THIER OWN !
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    He is an actor.. and she looks 30. Hah.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Gotta wonder, when (or IF) the marriage works out...and its years down the road; perhaps around twice her age now (she'll be 32 yrs old).

Will she look back at her bridal photos and wonder if she could fit in that dress she wore when she was only 16?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm watching a new talk show called "Father Albert" and on it today is that 51 year old guy who married a 16 year old girl. REALLY??? How did he not get locked up for this? How could her parents approve of such a thing? To me it is disgusting that somebody his age has interest in a child. PEDOPHILE! She obviously craves some sort of attention that she is not getting. SOULMATES MY *kitten*!!!!

Random, I know but I just felt like sharing :happy:

Sorry if I've offended anybody in any way...

It happened right here in Seattle (area). And as far as I can tell, the girl really loved him, the guy loved her, and the parents agreed.

It wasn't some sort of arraigned marriage or anything like that, and these were totally normal people not crack addicts or religious nuts. It's a little creepy, at least in my opinion, but totally legal.

For the record, the girl is reported as being extremely intelligent and mature for her age. Whatever, hope it works out.
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    sick...........comes to mind!!