weight not changing

Options
i have a 1200 calorie limit daily i may occasional perhaps 2x weekly go to 1400 calories, i have lost 2 stone so far now down to 16 stone, but not lost anythng in the last 5 weeks , i am doing couch to 5 K 3-4 days a week so doing cardio too .... getting disillusioned ..... does anyone have any good ideas i am eating 40 g shreddies at breakfast , a carb free lunch and a meal that is calorie controlled at teatime , the only snack i am allowing is occasional crackers or small bag of popcorn 107 calories.

Replies

• NPoyntz
    NPoyntz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No idea, I'm in same boat. Been on plan for 4 weeks and have lost 1 stone 2lbs, 5st more to go. I've been having 1000cals per day plus spinning 3 times per week and this week I have lost nothing. So disheartening I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
  • gracemaryx
    gracemaryx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The problem with being in a calorie deficit for too long is that it can negatively impact your metabolism. Because your body is used to such low calories, it learns to survive on ONLY 1200 calories. I would recommend a carb refeed day, or even a few days before you go back to cutting calories. Do some research on it, I hope it helps - I know it has definitely helped me break through many plateaus. Kind of "resets" your metabolism.

Another suggestion I'd make would be introducing weight training into your routine. Building muscle also increases your metabolism, meaning you burn more calories at rest.

Good luck!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    i have a 1200 calorie limit daily i may occasional perhaps 2x weekly go to 1400 calories, i have lost 2 stone so far now down to 16 stone, but not lost anythng in the last 5 weeks , i am doing couch to 5 K 3-4 days a week so doing cardio too .... getting disillusioned ..... does anyone have any good ideas i am eating 40 g shreddies at breakfast , a carb free lunch and a meal that is calorie controlled at teatime , the only snack i am allowing is occasional crackers or small bag of popcorn 107 calories.

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss so far :)

Secondly, when did you start C25K? Changes in exercise, either starting something new or increasing intensity or duration, can often lead to some fluid retention as your body holds onto water for muscle repair. That can have the effect of masking weight loss.

Third, how are you measuring your food? Are you weighing everything or are you using measuring cups or eyeballing? Using verified database entries for calories? If you make your diary public we can have a look and see if there's anything else that stands out.

I know it's really frustrating, but weight loss isn't a linear process unfortunately. There are many factors that influence the number we see on the scale. Let's start with looking at the things I've listed above and go from there :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    This is a super handy chart for ruling out some possible reasons you're not seeing the scale move:

a2a295w7ceiz.jpg
  • Puerulus
    Puerulus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hitting weight a plateau is difficult - Ive been there, good luck with all the work you need to do to reassess your diet plan etc. But also good luck keeping your spirits up, its so hard staying motivated but I know you can do it!