100+ to Lose...

Options
Today is my first day to my new healthy way of life... or improved way of eating.

I have over 100 lbs to lose. Always been a little overweight but after my late 20's I started piling on. I love sweets. My biggest downfall. I am obsessed with sweets (cakes, cookies) and have binged at times. I don't know why I can't stop or make better choices. I'm a single Mom and have a 12 y/o with autism.

I'm going to be 40 in one month. I need to make a change as i'm getting older. I want to be healthy and LIVE. I can feel the weight in my feet now. I don't have as much energy as I did. Need tons of support.... Thanks and Good Luck you you all!

Replies

• chrismaldo49
    Options
    Good luck, i used to weigh over 300 pounds but now i'm down to 190 pounds. it was a long tough journey but i made it. if you need any tips i'll help you out. Goodluck!!
  • cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I also started my journey here with 100 pounds to lose. Thanks to the tools here, all the friendly supportive MFP friends, this forum and my wonderful wife...I'm well on my way to that goal. Just remeber you didn't get where you are overnight and likewise the change won't happen overnight. Make it a lifestyle change instead of a diet...YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck on your jouney!
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    Welcome! I think you've made a good choice signing up, there are so many great tools and supportive people on this site! As far as the amount of weight to lose...you've gotta start somewhere! And Im in the same boat as you on that one! 101 to be exact ; )
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey. One day at a time and you WILL reach your goals :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here for a couple of weeks. Take small steps toward your big goal and you'll get there for sure. I still have about 60-70 to lose. I'm a WW member and have been stuck without losing for 30 days or more. I'm frustrated but I'm still doing the plan, logging all my food here, and exercising. I'm seeing results, other than the scale, such as being able to walk longer distances, fitting into smaller clothes, etc. I wish you well and if you'd like to add me as a friend just send a friend request. You can do this!!!
    Blessings,
    Bonnie
    Nashville Tn.
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Been on the site for a couple of weeks now. I've already spent the last 3+ years losing my first 100 lbs. Now I'm working on my second 100. Had knee and shoulder surgeries over the last 2 years that kind of derailed me a bit, but I'm at a point where the pain is now manageable so I'm back at it.

Plus, I just started working at a Health Plan who offers free on-site fitness center and personal training for $8/30-minute session. Guess there aren't any excuses now!! LOL

Anyway, I've lost about 5 lbs in my first 2 weeks. Working out on my own 3 days a week plus 2 personal training sessions a week. Hadn't realized just HOW out of shape I was all over. OK, I probably realized it, but it was something I could ignore.

Looking for some encouragement and positive reinforcement. My husband thinks he's being helpful, but his comments usually include things like "someday you'll look like that girl on TV, right". I have to keep informing him that I will NEVER be a size 2. Look forward to my journey and can't wait to begin participating fully in life again!!