would appreciate some help please

Options
hello all. So i started back with mfp on january 2nd 2017. January was amazing lost 12lbs, so chuffed. so far in feb ive lost 1lb. i know a loss is still a loss but i was hoping for a little more. i was 211lbs am now 198lbs. My goal is 180lbs then i will re evaluate. i started on 1640 cals, now mfp has readjusted to 1510 cals. i do little exercise, a bounce fitness exercise class for an hour once a week, then walking throughout the week with my 2 year old. I tend to eat back a little of the exercise calories sometimes but not always. And i never eat back all as i use a fitbit and i no they are not 100% accurate. Im 5ft 5inch and 32years old, female. Diary is open. My food is abit here and there as i do 2 night shifts a week. Any help or advice appreciated.

Replies

• gray261013
    gray261013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    p.s i always use a food scale and even measure sauces etc.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    gray261013 wrote: »
    hello all. So i started back with mfp on january 2nd 2017. January was amazing lost 12lbs, so chuffed. so far in feb ive lost 1lb. i know a loss is still a loss but i was hoping for a little more. i was 211lbs am now 198lbs. My goal is 180lbs then i will re evaluate. i started on 1640 cals, now mfp has readjusted to 1510 cals. i do little exercise, a bounce fitness exercise class for an hour once a week, then walking throughout the week with my 2 year old. I tend to eat back a little of the exercise calories sometimes but not always. And i never eat back all as i use a fitbit and i no they are not 100% accurate. Im 5ft 5inch and 32years old, female. Diary is open. My food is abit here and there as i do 2 night shifts a week. Any help or advice appreciated.

How long have you used the Fitbit?
    Do you have 3-4 weeks worth of data?
    If so, what's the average TDEE from Fitbit for the month of January?

• AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So ummm I don't see a question in your posts? What do you need help with?
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    It's quite common for people to lose a considerable amount of weight when they first start, only to have their rate of loss taper off. This is usually due to losing quite a bit of water weight in the beginning of the process. Also, it's important to remember that weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose more than others, and sometimes your weight will hold steady for a week.

I took a look at your diary and for the most part, you seem to be doing a good job weighing and logging things accurately. That said, I noticed a couple of entries like "3 sausage", "2 slices bacon", "1 biscuit", etc. If you're not already doing so, you should be weighing those foods as well. I suspect you'll find that the weight of your individual sausage links, for example, will differ from what's noted on the food label.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest. Your water weight is always fluctuating up and down, and that can make your fat loss look faster or slower than it really is. Stick you what you are doing and your weight loss will probably speed up again - then slow down again, and so on.

If you get to the point where you have seen no loss at all for four to six weeks, consider changing something. But just now, it just sounds like normal fluctuation to me. Your weight loss in January was probably exaggerated by the same effect working in the opposite direction. It just goes with the territory, I'm afraid.
  • gray261013
    Options

for around 2-3 weeks. i have no idea how to find out that data
  • gray261013
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    So ummm I don't see a question in your posts? What do you need help with?

just any general advice that may help me.
  • gray261013
    Options
    It's quite common for people to lose a considerable amount of weight when they first start, only to have their rate of loss taper off. This is usually due to losing quite a bit of water weight in the beginning of the process. Also, it's important to remember that weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you'll lose more than others, and sometimes your weight will hold steady for a week.

I took a look at your diary and for the most part, you seem to be doing a good job weighing and logging things accurately. That said, I noticed a couple of entries like "3 sausage", "2 slices bacon", "1 biscuit", etc. If you're not already doing so, you should be weighing those foods as well. I suspect you'll find that the weight of your individual sausage links, for example, will differ from what's noted on the food label.

thank you very muchj. no i didnt weigh the sausage or bacon, i just scanned in the bar code and it said how many cals per sausage. maybe il start weighing those too thank you. yes i thought at first may be alot of water weight, i have realised i dont drink alot of water so i definetly need to up my water intake. i shall stick with it as id rather stay the same than gain and hopefully it may start coming off again soon. thanks
  • gray261013
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest. Your water weight is always fluctuating up and down, and that can make your fat loss look faster or slower than it really is. Stick you what you are doing and your weight loss will probably speed up again - then slow down again, and so on.

If you get to the point where you have seen no loss at all for four to six weeks, consider changing something. But just now, it just sounds like normal fluctuation to me. Your weight loss in January was probably exaggerated by the same effect working in the opposite direction. It just goes with the territory, I'm afraid.

thank you very much. i shall keep on going and hopefully it will start coming back off soon. thank you
  • AverageJoeFit
    Options
    My advice is to stay the coarse. Losing the last 10 15 lbs can take the longest. It is a slow and steady wins the race. Don't do to much all at once and take it slow.

If you notice you are slowing down into a plateau maybe try a re-feed week. Just set MFP to Maintain weight and then after a week go back to diet.

Set lots of little goals even if they are silly. Checking off little goals can make the big ones more manageable. Just my 2 cents.
  • gray261013
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    My advice is to stay the coarse. Losing the last 10 15 lbs can take the longest. It is a slow and steady wins the race. Don't do to much all at once and take it slow.

If you notice you are slowing down into a plateau maybe try a re-feed week. Just set MFP to Maintain weight and then after a week go back to diet.

Set lots of little goals even if they are silly. Checking off little goals can make the big ones more manageable. Just my 2 cents.

fab, thank you very much. im deffinetley going to keep on course. i will get there and like you said slower is better.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Options

This is just for you to see how close MFP is compared to your fitbit.

Add two weeks calories from Fitbit.com.
    So for me, 38,575
    Divide this number by 14 = 2755 on average per day.

MFP has me at 2660. A little low.

Just a small wat to see if you're on the right track.

So if I wanted to cut, I'd eat 2100/day.
    ;)
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Options
    Of course you could sync it too
  • gray261013
    Options

So for me, 38,575

;)

is that calories burned??
  • gray261013
    Options

So for me, 38,575

;)

so ive just done this using calories burned over 2 weeks. for me was 30905 divide by 14 = 2207 cals a day.
    ive been eating around 1400-1600 ish
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Also, have MFP recalculated your calories down now that you've lost some weight? Sometimes it doesn't do it automatically. You can go into your Goals, change your weight loss goal, change it back, and save.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Options

So for me, 38,575

;)

so ive just done this using calories burned over 2 weeks. for me was 30905 divide by 14 = 2207 cals a day.
    ive been eating around 1400-1600 ish

Set your sights on 1600 and stick with it daily for the next two weeks.
    If it was me, and I still wasn't losing, I'd add more activity. Walking with the little one. Yoga type stretching. Just move more. ;)
  • ajoseph5
    ajoseph5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Make sure your burning off more than what you are consuming. Something that I have done recently that is actually working is creating a calorie deficit. My weight was doing the same thing, scale not moving. When I began creating a calorie deficit. The scale began moving again.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You'll have ups and downs. Just make sure it's going in the right direction.
  • AverageJoeFit
    Options
    Look at a long term trend. Is your progress graph on a general downward slope? Adjust it so you can see 6 months or something and you can see a bigger picture :smiley: