Starting and a long way to go

Options
I am a man in my sixties. Family and caring roles over and it is finally time for me, my health and wellbeing.

I have tried dieting a number of times over the years. This app is now helping me.

A long road ahead though, the first month is not yet over.

I have the utmost respect for the many here who are achieving their goals and for those who stumble but get going again.

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    As you've said its a journey, take it one step at a time. Do not rush the weight-loss, it will happen over time, as long as you keep with your diet, and weight everything in your diet. You can do this! There are many amazing individuals here that has success stories that started their journey on their 60's. Good luck!
  • kellyfitmama
    kellyfitmama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You've got this!! Just stay consistent! :)
  • 1234newman
    1234newman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Two very kind and encouraging replies already. Thank you, subcounter and kellyfitmama.

In a matter of weeks I have already lost kgs. Strange how you never regards oneself as overweight as the weight gradually goes on over the years, as it did. Or for how long you can forget your own health when raising a family and working.

I will be looking for encouragement and I will make every effort to help others. One step starts a journey as they say..
  • 1234newman
    Options
    Ouch, I will need to look at my editing too.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    1234newman wrote: »
    I am a man in my sixties. Family and caring roles over and it is finally time for me, my health and wellbeing.

I have tried dieting a number of times over the years. This app is now helping me.

A long road ahead though, the first month is not yet over.

I have the utmost respect for the many here who are achieving their goals and for those who stumble but get going again.

I'm 69 and been here over 3 years lost 49lbs. No plans to give up as this is a lifetime change for me ( at 69 not sure how long that will be ! lol). Glad to see you taking some time for you,stick with it be patient and keep on
    Keeping on. Good luck
  • 1234newman
    Options
    Hi dejavuohlala,

Thank you for your encouragement.

After a good start for some weeks I nearly blew it today. I had to see a lawyer regarding a family law matter. Stress and fast food go together.

Still, I resisted the temptation to 'double up' with something else on the return trip.

With exercise only just stayed within the kilojoules target for the day.

You are right, this has to be a lifestyle change for me too.