Need help with a workout routine

Options
Hi there. I just got an elliptical this weekend and I am trying it out today. What is the recommendation for cardio spent on this one machine? I also have a treadmill and a stationary bike. As far as strength training, I only have a resistance band and 2 sets of dumbells 5lb and 8lb. What is a good program with my equipment to do? I want to stay focused and motivated. I have some weight to lose...I currently weigh 175 and I'm 5'3...I would like to lose 20-25 lbs by summer. I also have bought chicken and broccoli, asparagus, lots of other veggies and fruits. I just mainly wanted to know if I can workout twice a day and what a good program to do to get my results? Thanks!

Replies

• ajoseph5
    ajoseph5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    With the elliptical, got one for Christmas. I started out with 20 minutes my first week this will allow you to get use to the machine. Each week build it by five or ten minutes. I also have a treadmill and bike. You may want to alternate between the 3 machines. I started out at 185 3 weeks ago and down to 166. Sounds like you have a good eating plan. Be sure to burn more calories than you are taking in. What I do is create a calorie deficit each day. This has really helped me peel away the pounds. Good luck, you will get there
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm on the treadmill (doing C25K) 6 days a week in the mornings.

I do 2-3 light weight sessions each week. Dumbbells only. I use this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bhE67HuDY

I've started pausing it after each session and doing 15 pull downs with resistance bands. But that is a new thing for me.

All I have is a treadmill, light weights and resistance bands so I'm making do.
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These are great plans! Thanks for your responses! Anyone else have suggestions?
  • lnorman08
    lnorman08 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not so good at weights but as far as cardio I recommend hiit so if I am running I will do 4 minutes max speed then 2 or 3 minutes recovery at a slower pace I do this about 5 times you can basically apply it to any cardio machine like the bike or elliptical too