coconut oil for weight loss any luck? Tell me your coconut oil story..Tips/advice

Options
kwil74
kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
Added 3 tbs a day this week. I have been logging food around this high calorie high fat food being sure not go over..So far I have only noticed appetite control, Not craving as much junk, Its only been a week so no noticed weight loss weigh in this monday..Im afraid if I haven't lost I may have to ditch this healthy oil..Tips on amount..Has anyone experienced belly fat reduction Because of this? Any help appreciated..

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What? Coconut oil is super high in calories, why would you add 3 tbs of it to your diet? That's just gonna take up your calories... you're adding about 360 calories to your diet. That's like having 5 eggs at one go... or even 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon.

This is a myth, don't add coconut oil to your diet unless you're just using it to replace some other unhealthy oils
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil doesn't induce weight loss. It's a quality oil, but it's still just a fat...it has 120 calories per Tbsp just like any other oil.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    There will be a lot of weight loss BS out there. There is no easy fix. You won't just lose belly fat by eating a specific food or drinking some disgusting concoction that Dr. Wacko thought up. It's easy to buy into it when you want to lose weight, but just don't. Stick within your calorie goals and exercise. That's the best way.
  • riches41
    riches41 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have you tried apple cider vinegar i lost 20lbs since sept with exercise
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    riches41 wrote: »
    Have you tried apple cider vinegar i lost 20lbs since sept with exercise

Come on man, you really think you lost that because of the apple cider vinegar?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    It adds a ton of calories to your day

I rather just rub it all over my bod and use it in my hair
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    kcal in kcal out
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think 3 tbsp. is excessive. That's almost enough calories for a meal. If you want to use coconut oil, I would just use one serving. I use 1 tbsp. to pop corn with if I have enough calories at the end of the day. Not so much for weight loss, just because it tastes good so it satisfies my craving.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    kwil74 wrote: »
    Added 3 tbs a day this week. I have been logging food around this high calorie high fat food being sure not go over..So far I have only noticed appetite control, Not craving as much junk, Its only been a week so no noticed weight loss weigh in this monday..Im afraid if I haven't lost I may have to ditch this healthy oil..Tips on amount..Has anyone experienced belly fat reduction Because of this? Any help appreciated..

Probably because of the high fat content of the oil - it's causing satiety.

But it's not a magic ingredient that will shrink you; you still have to eat fewer calories than you burn.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    CO is a natural laxative so it can in that way if you need it. o:)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    360 cals in oil...I'm in maintenance and that's how many calories are in my entire lunch sometime. Seems like a waste. It's not magic. It's fat. Fat is good but you don't need to guzzle oil.
  • andi_uk
    andi_uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kwil74 wrote: »

Coconut oil in bullet proof coffee is supposed to help boost metabolism and stop cravings.
  • andi_uk
    andi_uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil in bullet proof coffee is supposed to help boost metabolism and stop cravings. Search for bullet proof coffee ☕
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    @andi_uk stop it.
  • ivadaeBl
    ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I put coconut oil in my bath water every night. I had cracked feet real bad but since I've been doing that that oil removed my cracked feet. Now their smooth. And I put it on my face before bed. Works great. I've even stopped using foundation on my face.