Keto Friends?

Options
jrivey15
jrivey15 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all! I've been lazily using MFP for a little over a month now, but would love to start utilizing it to its full potential. I'm looking for fellow keto-ers specifically, but would also welcome anyone else who logs daily, as I'm trying to build that habit. It's my hope to have a group of people for mutual support and encouragement!

Thanks in advance and feel free to send a friend request!

Replies

• kathykrupa297
    kathykrupa297 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been on the Keto diet for a couple of weeks and lost 5-7 lbs. had a bad couple of days cause of a stomach flue but I'm getting back into it now
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Most of us keto'ers are in this amazing group ...Please feel free to join http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jrivey15
    Options
    Great to meet you both! And thanks for the group link! I've sent you both requests and will definitely be joining the group!
  • bevylawton
    bevylawton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing me to for about 2 weeks now and down about 5 lbs! Nice to meet y'all.
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you guys count carbs, calories, or both? My mother has lost weight on this type of diet and I am contemplating doing it too. I just don't know exactly how it works. Could someone help me get a better picture?
  • jrivey15
    Options
    Awesome, bevy! Congrats!

Tamera - people do it differently. Some go by the 'if it fits your macros' philosophy, some count calories. I count calories and net carbs, so I calculate what my calorie goal should be and stay under 20g net carbs per day. A really useful resource for me has been reddit.com/r/keto. They have a ton of information for people looking into changing their way of eating to keto and provide several resources to help. That's actually where I found the calculator that I use to set my calorie and macro goals every month. Best of luck! I've found that the reason keto works for me is because it is a way of eating I can maintain for the rest of my life - I love what I eat, don't feel deprived of anything, and I feel great. A lot of people find the same happiness with just portion control - it's all about what is a sustainable way of eating for you, in my opinion.
  • cooper_lady
    cooper_lady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on Keto for a month and have lost almost 10 lbs, no excercise due to walking pneumonia that I'm just now getting over. Would love to see what others are eating. Please feel free to add me!
  • bluelemonegg
    bluelemonegg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished my first keto week. First it was hard, then it was easy, and now I'm tired of kale and spinach. All in one week so much emotionally cycling about it! I would love some moral support and to be able to give moral support to others.
  • kimcruiser
    kimcruiser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of keto, or should I say Day 5 of trying to be keto. The first couple of days I didn't want to let go of having half an avocado and that spent my carb intake a lot. But I let go of that and have really delved into fats proteins and greens. Day 3 my macros started to look like keto and day 4 I got over the hangry hump. Thank lawd!! I keep thinking of the positives when I find myself wanting to eat the no no things. I sleep way better at night. Like deep sleeps that I wake up feeling energized from! It's rad! I was having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and keto seems to have really helped that!
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since June 13th, and I'm down 54 pounds. I would LOVE some keto friends!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Most of us keto'ers are in this amazing group ...Please feel free to join http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

You should head over the Low Carb forum, where most of the Keto folks hang out, really a nice, friendly and knowledgeable crowd.
  • jrivey15
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses! I hope you don't mind, I sent a friend request to you all! Excited to see so many others beginning this journey! Good luck to you all - we can do this!