Weight loss without excersise

Options
2»

Replies

• VVVeeVee
    VVVeeVee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    even a couple of squats can help tone things up if you want to incorporate just a little bit here and there..

I do mine while brushing teeth. Single mom lifestyle!
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised at all and lost 72 lbs in 1 yr. I'm currently maintaining and staying at 140 lbs. It can be done.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    24clouds wrote: »
    Thought about tread mill as hubby would benefit too but with 2 kids I just not got the space. Ive googled resistance bands and think that's what I will do after once I get into walking again. I'm sure once I'm doing 10000 steps a day and see the diff it will become addictive and then I will think hmmm what can I do next and remember oh yeah... bands lol

Look up walking workouts on YouTube - Leslie Sansone - Jessica Smith are a just a couple of them. These are simple and low impact. You can go at your own pace, and very little space is needed. You don't need to wait for good weather, or buy a machine.

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

http://jessicasmithtv.com/videos/walking-workouts/
  • DoriSky
    DoriSky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Might be late responding but yoga. YouTube has some great ones and it's great for toning and a stress reliever.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    People with disabilities or just mobility issues like me can lose weight without exercise - over 100 lbs gone in a year, before I had knee surgery. Now that that is over, I can move a bit more and lose even more!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I mostly only walk. Sometimes I get on a gym kick and go a lot, but otherwise I walk 2x a day with my dog and that's it--especially in the winter when it's cold. I'm a lazy wuss when it comes to cold. As it warms up, I'll get out more.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Of course - coma patients are weight managed by CICO.

Several posters on MFP have lost 100+ without exercising.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have so far lost 33 pounds and I just started walking last week and only because I want to be able to eat more. It does feel good though. I think I have the opposite problem as you, I live in Florida in the US and it is so hot even now that I don't know what I am going to do in a few weeks when it gets too hot to be outside for any period of time.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from surgery, can't do any exercise, but I still lose weight and I'm okay with that, and have lost previously with exercise (especially during the winter), I just make sure to be careful with my food intake. I believe exercise is important to overall physical health however.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    At times, it can be harder to lose with exercise than without. Exercise makes you hungry, and you really have to be careful to not overcompensate for the calorie burn. Still, it is an overall big win for how you feel. I love it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    24clouds wrote: »
    Mbanks123 basically it's 15 mins walk there and same back to school and In September I was mostly walking to pick up but told daughter today we going to start walking all time. So that will be the 2 sets of 30 mins walks with 6 hour break . I totally don't object to that at all and on the way back from school we get to go park too.

Great lifestyle change!

While it's entirely possible to lose weight without exercise, being inactive is unhealthy. Use it or lose it!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ds41980 wrote: »
    I have so far lost 33 pounds and I just started walking last week and only because I want to be able to eat more. It does feel good though. I think I have the opposite problem as you, I live in Florida in the US and it is so hot even now that I don't know what I am going to do in a few weeks when it gets too hot to be outside for any period of time.

Hey I'm In FL as well, Soo Hot cant function!!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sure you can but you can eat more food if you exercise. Also the more you lose the harder and harder it becomes to keep losing weight as the heavier you are the more calories you burn. I noticed i started to lose weight alot faster once I started walking too.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe do a low impact aerobic workout inside instead? You can find exercise dvds online, buy one second hand on ebay or maybe borrow one from the library. Also there are exercise videos on YouTube and elsewhere online
  • 24clouds
    24clouds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the people who took time to reply. I appreciate the comments and will take on board and look up those links mentioned for walking work outs xx
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could start by dancing in home? I do that sometimes, stick my headphones on and just dance around my kitchen. Makes you feel good too :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Where are you in the UK that the weather's been so bad? We've had a very mild winter here (Scotland). I've been out a lot. Sure there's been a bit of rain, sleet etc but less than usual overall. Get a decent raincoat and a pair of waterproof trousers, wellies and hat/scarf/gloves and you're set for anything.

Of course you don't need exercise to lose weight, but as you get lighter you may find your calories get uncomfortably low, and exercise may help. Plus it's so good to get some daylight and air at this time of year, I find it really lifts my mood.