Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    subcounter wrote: »
    1. I can't stop looking outside. First to smirk because there isn't a single snowflake on the ground. Second, to sulk because I know my poor old mother is shovelling feet of it herself back home.
    2. I love being the first one up to enjoy my coffee in complete silence.
    3. I miss having all my tools. Having to sell them all was a real low point in my life.
    1. oh man that hits home, I've been away for years now around 5000 miles apart. I hear ya.
    2. living alone that has never been an issue. I don't think I can process sounds without my coffee anyways.
    3. Thats a big no for me, don't think I could part with them. I have most on storage. I guess you still keep some of them though?

I only have left what the average "non-tool guy" would have... I gave up all the tools that make me smile like table saws, nail guns, drills, a sweet old school wood lathe.

had you moved a couple of months ago you could ave stopped at my parents' old house and taken all my dad's
    but not his table saw since that was disabled when he cut his fingers off.
    he probably had some really neat antique stuff though
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    1. I can't stop looking outside. First to smirk because there isn't a single snowflake on the ground. Second, to sulk because I know my poor old mother is shovelling feet of it herself back home.
    3. I miss having all my tools. Having to sell them all was a real low point in my life.
    1. oh man that hits home, I've been away for years now around 5000 miles apart. I hear ya.
    2. living alone that has never been an issue. I don't think I can process sounds without my coffee anyways.
    3. Thats a big no for me, don't think I could part with them. I have most on storage. I guess you still keep some of them though?

I only have left what the average "non-tool guy" would have... I gave up all the tools that make me smile like table saws, nail guns, drills, a sweet old school wood lathe.

had you moved a couple of months ago you could ave stopped at my parents' old house and taken all my dad's

That's a shame... I would have respected them

Ya we just ran out of time.
    I took his lucky horseshoe he had up and a table he was supposed to be fixing that had been my grandmas
    now I guess I get to fix it. haha...it's this totally awesome card table that twists and folds up to be a side table , any idea how to replace a veneer?
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    1. Uh oh. I said "no" and summoned the toddler demon.
    2. This meltdown is bordering on epic.
    3. I guess not letting him dump his milk on the cat totally ruined his day.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    1. There is only four people on this planet who's opinion of me I care about, everyone else can get fecked.
    2. I sometimes wonder how people survive the day when I'm people observing, and they struggle to grasp simple things.
    3. I want a nutella filled doughnut.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    My granddaughter is my favorite person in the world!
    Tonite is an impromptu date nite, someone will be all foxed up....
    Chili and rice for dinner, ice cream for dessert!
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    1. There are so many baked treats in this house.
    2. I really need a different hobby.
    3. Cookies, cake, cobbler... I'm hungry.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    1.is it 3:30 yet?
    2. Why is it not 3:30?
    3. I need a time machine
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

Inquiring minds are interested in cobbler
  • FeraFilia
    Options

1. Apple cobbler.
    2. With a home made salted caramel sauce (that took 45 minutes to make).
    3. It is really yummy.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options

1. Apple cobbler.
    3. It is really yummy.

Inquiring minds are willing to wash dishes in exchange for a portion lol
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    1. @Cutaway_Collar he left a few days ago, said he might come back at another time
    2. It's Family Day in Ontario so free day off!!
    3. Oven bacon is the best bacon.

Saw CC this morning, he's lurking here somewehere
    Family day here, best day of the year!
    Do you soak your bacon in whiskey first? YUMMO!
  • synchkat
    Options

That's a shame... I would have respected them

Ya we just ran out of time.
    I took his lucky horseshoe he had up and a table he was supposed to be fixing that had been my grandmas
    now I guess I get to fix it. haha...it's this totally awesome card table that twists and folds up to be a side table , any idea how to replace a veneer?

There are several options... the first that comes to mind; 1. dampen a towel and lay over the veneer. 2. Pass a hot iron over the towel creating steam. 3. The steam will allow you to pry up the veneer much easier to remove it completely.

If the damage is just simple chips and cracks, a stainable/paintable wood filler could be used. Then sand enough to remove any clear finish, and restain.

cool. I think it's missing like a whole part. So I'd have to remove some and add some. I think I could just refinish the entire table...

If you plan on coming up this neck of the woods I'll make you lunch if you want to take a look at it. It's way too cool a table to just ditch
  • FeraFilia
    Options

1. Apple cobbler.
    3. It is really yummy.

Inquiring minds are willing to wash dishes in exchange for a portion lol

Plenty left.
    Come get some.
    There's vanilla ice cream, too.
  • synchkat
    Options
    1. my family doesn't want to do anything fun today
    2. I'm going to abandon them and go make my own fun
    3. I've decided tomorrow I'm going to take fitness and stuff more seriously but that might start today if these lazy lumps won't do anything
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1. @Cutaway_Collar he left a few days ago, said he might come back at another time

1. If @Cutaway_Collar comes back while I'm gone, tell him that I need to go ahead and borrow his copy of a book on the Roman currency crisis of the Third Century...lol.
    2. Because, I am indeed paying for that nearly 5 hours less sleep last night. :tired_face:
    3. I think I might go make some coffee for lunch and maybe even have a couple of those hidden Girl Scout cookies with it. :wink: