Macro Goals

Options
2»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    So if you are 5'11" then you are close to a healthy weight. Could set MFP to 0.5-1 pound loss per week. As far as macros improving composition since it sounds like you do better with higher protein then set to 0.8g/pound body weight, fat 0.4g/pound body weight and the rest carbs.
  • cathipa
    Options
    How are you getting your exercise calorie estimates? HRM?
  • ashparmar1977
    ashparmar1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the polar HRM which i use during training.
  • cathipa
    Options
    Don't use it for weight training. Only effective for cardio. Even still I would only eat back 1/4-1/2 of the calories burned.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know right, I was wondering same thing. Trainer seems to think it's natural?

Are all your trousers too short now??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Maybe ta the new trainers he made me buy for running? It has insoles so that could be partly the reason.

This is almost certainly it. Your height can be impacted by shoes. You will want to base your weight goal on your actual height -- measure yourself without the shoes on.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    LOL not quite ankle swingers just yet but was a 36w now a comfortable 34w and even they are becoming slightly loose.
  • cathipa
    Options
    Maybe ta the new trainers he made me buy for running? It has insoles so that could be partly the reason.

This is almost certainly it. Your height can be impacted by shoes. You will want to base your weight goal on your actual height -- measure yourself without the shoes on.

3 inches though??
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    ok so will only comsume back 1/4 to 1/2 of calories burned. i set the app to lose 0.8kg per week now so the calories have gone down to 1640 per day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

3 inches though??

I know it's a lot, but it's more plausible than someone growing three inches in their late 30s.

I've seen some running shoes that have very thick soles.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options

LOL not quite ankle swingers just yet but was a 36w now a comfortable 34w and even they are becoming slightly loose.

Just want to reduce the muffin top !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I don't mean waist measurement!
  • ashparmar1977
    Options

I don't mean waist measurement!

I know I just added that bit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

You're not supposed to have shoes on when your height is measured.