Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I give up

ivadaeBl
ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
I just as well give up, can't do it right.

Replies

• TommyW45
    TommyW45 Posts: 112 Member
    Never give up !
  • ivadaeBl
    Everyday, it's a Again starting over.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Just keep plodding along eventually something will click and it will just work but give it time...everything takes time
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    There is no "right". The only way to truly fail, is to give up and quit.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    To me, eating in a calorie deficit is impossible. I can never ever go hungry for the sake of a thinner body. I'd rather be obese and not hungry. It's a torture. Most people are okay with it , I'm not.
    I never count calories. I eat as much as I want and still losing a ton of weight. Here's the deal. I eat a ton of Whole/unprocessed foods. Yah yah, some say "you can gain weight by eating healthy foods". That's true, but Whole Foods don't really make me over eat.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Giving up and self loathing is not a good path . Value yourself or no one else will .
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    IvadaleBl wrote: »
    Everyday, it's a Again starting over.

Anyone who has tasted the sweetness of success...was first forced to chew on the bitterness of failure.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Sure take the easy way out.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Here is my mantra - every day is a new day for success. Keep on working at it - I've been here for 1450 days - and I have never found anything else that has kept my weight loss from returning. You can do it! Don't let the mistakes derail you! They are going to happen - but in the long run MFP will work!

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Don't give up! Every day is another chance to start fresh! You can do it! :)
  • Flyingwarrior1966
    Flyingwarrior1966 Posts: 21 Member
    Remove can't from you vocabulary. Along with I will try... replace with I will ..
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    If you were really giving up would you tell us? Is this a plea for help?

Whether you think you can or think you can't you're right.

In Feb 2015 after two years on WW I lost 100#, at age 67. Then my WW. Meeting Leader told me "Now don't you quit !" She had seen others quit after reaching a goal, a number on the scale etc. I knew that she was right, if I quit I would gain back the weight I worked so hard to lose. So I tracked, went to WW meeting, and exercised. I didn't lose much for ten months (-16) BUT I didn't gain.

Then on Jan 2016 I rebooted myself to lose a pound a week. Sounded doable and I was doing it until Sept then had knee surgery. Lost 37# on 2016.

2017 joined MFP challenge to lose 52 pounds in 52 weeks. After eight weeks I'm down 9#. I will NEVER quit trying.

Take it one day at a time.
  • ivadaeBl
    Glad for you