Losing Body Fat Question

Options
Maricruz1991
Maricruz1991 Posts: 49 Member
edited February 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I've received different answers and want to hear your guys' opinion. As a woman when losing weight is no longer the goal but losing body fat is, should one do lots of cardio and light weights or light cardio and heavier weights?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Out of the two, heavier weights relative to the individual. One wants to stimulate the muscle to help retain more muscle when in the weight loss process. Lighter cardio would give you perceptibly more energy. More cardio doesn't equate to more fat loss since the deficit would remain the same.

• Maricruz1991
    Maricruz1991 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! :smiley:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Lift moderate to heavy weights. Lots of programs out there to choose from. The amount of cardio needed is all personal preference that should support your training goals. Tons of cardio certainly isn't needed, but everyone has a different threshold of what is "a lot".
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've received different answers and want to hear your guys' opinion. As a woman when losing weight is no longer the goal but losing body fat is, should one do lots of cardio and light weights or light cardio and heavier weights?

u29wd8fnz7t8.jpg

I've been wanting to use that for awhile now. :laugh:

Anyway, cardio is more personal prefrence but you want the moderate-heavy weight range (for you). Basically what everyone else said and definitely check out the recomposition thread linked to above.