IDEAS FOR LUNCH?

Options
Hi guys! I am ready to eat lunch, but I have no idea what to eat, something healthy please!

Any ideas? (:

Replies

• bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you like salads they are GREAT and filling as well................
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I love a tuna fish sandwich , I toast my bread, add chopped up tomatoes, latino blend veggies(black beans,corn, onion and bell peppers, its in the freezer section) light miracle whip, cheese and bean sprouts used as lettuce. YUM and pretty healthy.
  • christianneq
    Options
    I have a boatload as I pack my lunch everyday so as to avoid the calories laden cafeteria!

Tumaro's Low Carb Wraps - 60 calories

1 to 2 ounce of ham - 30-60

Grey Poupon - 5 calories

Tomato Slice - 5

Fat Free Kraft American - 25 calories

Fiber One Blueberry Yogurt 50 calories

22 POP chips - 120 calories (Target, Giant)

A yummy and high fiber lunch for 300 calories and you feel full too. Definitely get the wraps Tumaro's are bigger at 60 calories but more filling and there is Smart and Delicious for 50 calories (but they are way smaller, worth the 10 calories).

I have a boatload of yummy items having been at this for 2 years.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    talapia and asparagus... yummy
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    Veggie Burger :D And Zuchinni Chips :D
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Homemade Turkey Burger w/ Lots of Lettuce and tomatoes, on a whole wheat sandwich thin with mustard and a side of fruit. Yummy! :o)
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I started, for some insane reason I thought the only option would be cold cooked chicken - by itself. Which yeah, is an option, but it's seriously boring to eat! Then I found some reasonably low calorie wraps, which I usually make into fajitas (mmm) but you can do loads with (fill them with any sort of meat and veg which bulks them out a lot too), or I have toast, soup, salads... I've tried having left overs from the night before as well - in smaller portion sizes obviously, and that works quite well if you can reheat things.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I love to make turkey or chicken salad - onion, celery, turkey, a bit of mayo, grapes (if I have them); spread it on a lettuce leaf (I use romain) and roll lengthwise. Two or three of them is plenty for lunch. Healthy, low cal and delish! I also do the same with tuna salad.

One of my other favorites - sautee an onion in just a bit of olive oil until almost soft; add 6-8 ounces of ground beef (93/7) and brown. Serve on a bed of lettuce with some salsa on top and you've got a great taco salad.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m just going to share my lunch from today

I had

sandwich
    2-100%wheat bread slices
    1oz colby jack cheese
    1serving of oscar myers shaved turkey breast
    organic spring mix greens (that actual name is in my diary but you can get it at walmart)
    with alittle ranch dressing

laughing cow wedge (light garlic and herb 35cal wedge)
    5ritz crackers
    3oz baby carrots
    1/3cup blueberries
    and 3 large strawberries
    and well of course my water :)

I am nice and stuffed seems like alot but I have a hard time eatting bf so lunch is my main meal of the day

ETA= I do still eat something for bf its just really small compaired to my lunch / dinner
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I learned today that mayo isn't evil.

I've been away from MFP for a few weeks and today is my first day back. Had a tuna sandwich and was pleasantly surprised at how few calories it was! Miracle Whip Lite was only 60 calories for a tablespoon -- not bad! I had tried forcing myself to skip the mayo on sandwiches, and sometimes that's okay, but sometimes the thought of a mayo-free sandwich deterred me from having a sandwich at all, on which days I'd end up at the cafeteria instead. The mayo is by far the lesser of those two evils!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you like salads they are GREAT and filling as well................

Yes, unless you load them down with ranch or another fattening dressing. It can make one as bad as eating a big cheeseburger! :tongue: