High heels and Skinny women?????

Options

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I never allowed my wife or ex gf's to wear them. I got sick of pounding the dents out of the roof of my car....

oh goodness... :noway: :embarassed: :laugh:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I never allowed my wife or ex gf's to wear them. I got sick of pounding the dents out of the roof of my car....

nice :laugh:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I’m not at all skinny but I am lighter than I was in the past and Yep heels are a little more comfortable now. I love heels! I wear them often and they give me some height (I’m barely 5’3). But a tip for wearing them at any size are those Dr. Scholll’s gel inserts, the defiantly make walking in them much more comfortable! :smile:
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    mmm i dont think its a weight problem....maybe your feet are just not meant for heels...try wedges:heart:

I wear heels everyday i only have 2 pairs of flat shoes....:love:
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    ]

:devil: :heart: :devil: :heart:
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    big girls in heels to me is not an good look IMO, It just looks weird, it's like fat guys in slim shoes or sneakers. Not proportionate.

Good thing nobody was asking what you thought about how they looked, then.
    Unless you're a previously overweight dude who lost weight and happens to like wearing heels, I don't think your opinion has much relevance here. (: She was asking people who lost weight to let her know if the discomfort lessened, not if some dude thought that overweight women shouldn't wear heels because "it looks weird". There are times to say what you think and times to not say anything at all, because saying what you think in these instances is rude. I can only hope that if an overweight woman asks this question in real life within earshot of you, that you would not straight up share with her that "big girls in heels is a bad look because its disproportionate". Regardless, I think that's completely untrue, considering the fact that bigger women actually have the curves to be enhanced by the arch heels provide in the calves, whereas thinner women end up with even thinner legs and just disproportionately large shoes. Not to say that thin women look bad in heels, I think that it is a nice look (within reason) for everybody. But to say that an entire group of women look bad in heels just because they aren't skinny is, for lack of a better word, stupid. It was impolite of you to share that when your opinion wasn't in any way asked for.
  • sivadsirhc
    sivadsirhc Posts: 28
    Options
    Next time you lug in your groceries put heels on. And instead of puting the groceries down, carry them around and dance for an hour or so. I bet your feet would feel better if your weren't dancing with melting ice-cream.

Uh, wait... why did you buy ice-cream anyway?
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    big girls in heels to me is not an good look IMO, It just looks weird, it's like fat guys in slim shoes or sneakers. Not proportionate.

Unless you're a previously overweight dude who lost weight and happens to like wearing heels, I don't think your opinion has much relevance here. (: She was asking people who lost weight to let her know if the discomfort lessened, not if some dude thought that overweight women shouldn't wear heels because "it looks weird". There are times to say what you think and times to not say anything at all, because saying what you think in these instances is rude. I can only hope that if an overweight woman asks this question in real life within earshot of you, that you would not straight up share with her that "big girls in heels is a bad look because its disproportionate". Regardless, I think that's completely untrue, considering the fact that bigger women actually have the curves to be enhanced by the arch heels provide in the calves, whereas thinner women end up with even thinner legs and just disproportionately large shoes. Not to say that thin women look bad in heels, I think that it is a nice look (within reason) for everybody. But to say that an entire group of women look bad in heels just because they aren't skinny is, for lack of a better word, stupid. It was impolite of you to share that when your opinion wasn't in any way asked for.

nice answer, but save your breath. that guy is a total douche bag. he's got no filter and huge case of little big man syndrome i think.
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm completely obsessed with heels, i swear the higher they are the more they appeal to me. I fell in love with a Rock&Republic pair that were 6 inches with an 1inch and a half platform. They were quite possibly one of the most comfortable pairs of heels I've worn. I weirdly find that sometimes the cheaper the shoe or material the more they rub and hurt my feet. It's not true for all heels but I find it a lot.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

nice answer, but save your breath. that guy is a total douche bag. he's got no filter and huge case of little big man syndrome i think.

oh how I love both responses, but especially the second one:laugh: :drinker:
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Skinny me wore heels all the time.
    Fat me says no thank you...I feel like I'm gonna break my neck.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options

I wonder what he thinks we should be wearing instead?? Apparently heels, loafers, and tennis shoes are out...

Hmm... and while we're at it, what's the weight and/or size requirement to be able to wear my beloved heels again?

I'm glad he's here to fill me in because apparently I've been mistaken for a very long time.
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    Someone else mentioned really high arches and being more comfortable in heels. Same here! My very favorite shoes are a pair of candy-apple red wedges with a 2.5 inch heel. The angle supports my arches more comfortably than any insole I've found for flats. (and, as I already have pinup girl legs, the heels make my legs look AMAZING LOL)

I'm not sure if weight is an issue or not, but a proper fit and a heel height you can handle are essential. Make sure they're not too wide or too narrow. I have issues with all the shoes I like only being wide, when I have narrow feet. I have WAY more trouble walking if they're too wide!
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I wonder what he thinks we should be wearing instead?? Apparently heels, loafers, and tennis shoes are out...

Hmm... and while we're at it, what's the weight and/or size requirement to be able to wear my beloved heels again?

I'm glad he's here to fill me in because apparently I've been mistaken for a very long time.

Haha! Clearly, we need to take a closer look at flippers.
  • ladynarmo
    ladynarmo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I definitely think being overweight makes heels more painful.
    Back in high school, I used to wear high heels every day. Granted, they were wedge heels, so they were somewhat less difficult to deal with, but I wore them every day without a problem. I was about 150 back then.
    Now, towards the end of my college years, I'm 180 and can't seem to wear heels anymore. Just absolutely painful.
    Just imagine walking in heels and just how difficult it is. And then imagine walking in those heels carrying a 30lb backpack. It would kill your feet. I think it's the same thing.
    Must go back...
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Wore high heels and designer *kitten* every day when I was fat.. Now I'm fit and I don't touch that *kitten* unless I really have to.
    They bothered me back in the day but there's no chance I've worked this hard to earn my figure and not be comfortable. So I wear flats, jeans and t-shirts.
    But I believe it's easier to wear 6 inches today. It was near impossible back then.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I've only ever been a little over weight, but i have been thin.

I used to live in ridiculous heels (yeah sometimes they hurt) but stopped wearing them when I gained a little due mostly to lack of self confidence.

When I DID wear them when I gained weight ;13-14kg they were definitely more awkward.

Probably due to lack of practice?

Now I'm back at about 56kg one of my my New Years resolution is to wear heels more frequently.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Oh and not so secret secret,

Choose a heel with a hidden platform and the actual elevation your foot has to do is reduced greatly.

You'll feel like you're wearing a mid heel but look like you have mega tall heels on ;)

Much more comfy.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jwaitman wrote: »
    I have never been really heavy, but I wear heels just about every day. I find the more expensive the shoe the better it feels. I have some shoes that I could walk around in all day and have! I stopped buying cheap shoes that hurt as soon as you try them on because they don't get better as you wear them. I have thrown out way too many shoes for this reason so I figured it best to just make the investment the first time and they last for years.

@jwaitman ~ which brand/style of high heel are particularly comfortable for you ?
    Also, do you have a naturally high or low arch.
    And do you put any kind of inserts / cushioning in your high heels ?

In my 20s and 30s, I could walk for miles in high heels.
    Then stopped wearing them as I got older, and now they all seem a bit uncomfortable.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    yes_i_can wrote: »

He said fat guys who wear sneakers look funny. I'm a fat gal, do I look funny in sneakers? I guess now that I've been told by a man what to wear I should wait until I lose all my weight to start working out. To be safe I should probably not even go out of my house. I wouldn't want to accidentally be fat in public! THE HORROR! ;)