Ravenous!

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You are hungry because if your numbers are correct, you are under-eating.

Can you open your diary? Are you using a food scale?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You're ravenous because you're starving your body of much needed nutrition. Why are you so severely undereating? You're NOT feeling satisfied with the amount of food you're eating or you wouldn't be feeling this way. This is your body telling you it's not getting enough calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can you please open your diary, OP?

Also, how are you determining that you eat 750-1200 calories? Do you weigh all your food or do you eyeball/use cups and spoons?

If you are, indeed, eating that little and tracking your food correctly, you seriously need to eat more. At least 1200 calories. You can consume up to your TDEE (maintenance) and not have a true fat gain. The amount of calories that you're consuming is contributing to your hunger unnecessarily. A toddler consumes more....
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Way more than normal and yes I'm eating lean. Yesterday I ate 830, before that 1215, and before 1150
    Today: 879

I am eating about 3 times what I normaly would (only been "dieting" a week now)

Not a formula for long term success OP. Of course you are going to be starving and overeat, and of course that will wipe out the deficit you created. Trying plugging your stats into MFP and doing as it says including eating back exercise calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP you're creating a perfect storm for a Binge-Restrict cycle. Your undereating is going to catch up with you big time.

Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to keep it off? If yes, then start eating an appropriate amount of food. It's not just calories you're depriving your body of, but essential nutrients too.

If i remember correctly, around 1000 calories per day is the recommended amount for a toddler..
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Undereating catches up to you in just a few days. As you have seen, the first few days are ok but then your ravenous and you will likely binge. Maintaining undereating is extremely difficult. This is what leads anorexics to become bulimic and purge. They chronically undereat until their body is screaming for calories/nutrients and then binge because the body is demanding it. Then they attempt to purge in any number of unhealthy methods and boom horrid cycle of binging and restricting. Don't think it can't happen to you if you are normal weight or overweight, because it can and will.

My suggestion to you, is obviously to eat more. However perhaps look into a weekly calorie goal instead of daily. It helps me and it follows a more natural way of eating. So some days I eat 1,000 calories, some I eat 2,500. I just make sure I'm creating an overall deficit weekly to still lose weight without always eating the exact same 1500 calories a day. This allows for couch potato days (1,000 calories) and heavy exercise or PMS 2,500 calorie days.
  • slytherinlass90
    slytherinlass90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll happily open my diary as I do want constructive criticism. How do I do it?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'll happily open my diary as I do want constructive criticism. How do I do it?

This attitude is great!

There are quite a few people here that know their stuff. I've been on here 8 months and I'm still learning!!
  • slytherinlass90
    Options
    Think its open now! and to answer an earlier question I'm guesstimating the measurments and using Spoons, cups and packets where possible.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You are continuing to under eat, as already stated, you are setting yourself up for binging. Eat a reasonable amount of food, take care of your body and give it what it needs to be healthy.
  • slytherinlass90
    Options
    Ok so what can I add that would be nutritious, Low sugar and carb but filling?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Ok so what can I add that would be nutritious, Low sugar and carb but filling?

Meat
    Eggs
    Cheese
    Vegetables
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason for low sugar/carb?

There's plenty of options, both your fats and proteins are low. Eat more of what you are currently eating.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thank's @slytherinlass90 for being open to sharing your diary. This is my two cents for whatever its worth. Feel free to ignore any information that you already have.

What are your calories, protein, carbohydrate and fat macronutrients set at in MFP?

According to your diary, Your eating more carbohydrates than protein. No wonder you're ravenous.
    Protein is a "macronutrient," meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it. The body does not store protein and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply. For weight loss, your protein should be higher and your carbohydrates low. The protein will help you feel less hungry.

This is a link to a TDEE calculator to get your calories and macronutrients.
    https://tdeecalculator.net/

After you calculate go to macronutrients. you will see a tab that gives three options
    (1)maintaining (2) cutting (3) bulking. Click on cutting. It will give your daily calorie, protein, carb and fats goal for weight loss. You can enter that information into my fitness pal.

Wishing you the best,
    Jenn

• slytherinlass90
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Is there a medical reason for low sugar/carb?

There's plenty of options, both your fats and proteins are low. Eat more of what you are currently eating.

Yes possible diabetes
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Thank's @slytherinlass90 for being open to sharing your diary. This is my two cents for whatever its worth. Feel free to ignore any information that you already have.

I have been trying to add soya protine mince,lentils and beans to atleast one meal a day Do you have any alternative advice for bulking it out more?
  • slytherinlass90
    Options

I'll use that link after my next weigh in. I don't own scales so don't know what I'm at weight wise right now but I'm seeing my Dr this week
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    You are continuing to under eat, as already stated, you are setting yourself up for binging. Eat a reasonable amount of food, take care of your body and give it what it needs to be healthy.

I agree with this. For the past several days, you've been eating roughly half of your daily calorie goal. That's neither healthy nor sustainable. You should be trying to eat as close to your daily calorie goal as possible. Might I ask why you're still under eating?

And with regard to using spoons and cups - that's a very inaccurate way of measuring your food intake. Do yourself a favor and buy a food scale. I promise you it'll be the best weight loss related purchase you'll ever make.
  • slytherinlass90
    Options

I agree with this. For the past several days, you've been eating roughly half of your daily calorie goal. That's neither healthy nor sustainable. You should be trying to eat as close to your daily calorie goal as possible. Might I ask why you're still under eating?

And with regard to using spoons and cups - that's a very inaccurate way of measuring your food intake. Do yourself a favor and buy a food scale. I promise you it'll be the best weight loss related purchase you'll ever make.

better than my spiralizer?!

I aidmit I'm petrified of going over my targets dunno why. I'm desperate to stop diabetes if it's possible, Ds want me to have a gastric band which i assume will reduce how much I eat even mre
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    All good advice. Re-do your profile setting your weight loss goal at no more than 1 lb (.5kg) per week. (Some people advise an even slower loss.)

Now, for hunger: It's worse as you start to diet and gets better over time. For me, the only sure-fire short-term "cure" is aerobic activity. Get as far away from food as you can!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options

I have been trying to add soya protine mince, lentils and beans to atleast one meal a day Do you have any alternative advice for bulking it out more?[/quote]

Try eating protein with each meal. This will help you hit your protein goals.

Protein examples:
    Meats: Beef Chicken fish turkey pork eggs
    Soy tofu edamame
    Dairy: Yogurt, cheese milk
    Beans Lentil Legumes
    Protein powder shakes

It's great that myfitness pal does all the calculating. It is a learning process of how to use this app and how to fuel your body. It takes time.

When you make a food choice, Ask what is going to give you the highest proten value. Getting the biggest bang for your calorie allotment.

examples:
    4 ounces foster farms chicken breast = 26 grams a protein
    4 ounces refried beans = 6 grams protein