I think im dropping weight to quick

Options
2»

Replies

• Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tend to overestimate my food as well and was noticing that I was losing a bit quicker than I thought I would. I have since started to measure my food more carefully. You may want to start doing that so that you are as accurate as possible when logging. If not logging accurately, you will not truly know how much you are eating and if it is enough.
  • jlewis326
    jlewis326 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

It's under goals on the Android app. What is you weekly goal set at?

I found it, its set to 2lbs per week and active, i had ot set to the most active when i was demoing a building. It's now set to 1940 for my intake
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Okay. That makes sense and that number looks better.

Eat at that level for a few weeks and see what your weight loss does. As I said, I'm a bit scared to go too fast having read that it can lead to gallstones. I did not know that and lost ~ 4 lb per week for a while. I'm trying to eat all I do, but it is a bit toguh some days. I'm full right now but should still eat another 500 cal or so. Mind you, I think I have to double check the recipe for my enchiladas as I think I'm underestimating them.

• jlewis326
    jlewis326 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    My early weight loss was very quick, similar to your at about 20 pound in about a week and a half. This was most water, and part was because of being put on blood pressure meds that got rid of extra water. After that things slowed down a lot, to a much more realistic pace. Two weeks is a small time window, four weeks is much better to get a picture of what is going on.

The 1900 or so calories doesn't sound inappropriate for you from what you have posted. If the fast loss continues for a couple more weeks, you would probably be well served to eat some more to slow things down simply to avoid too big of a deficit and aid in long term compliance in your calorie goal.

I also recommend a digital food scale for all solids. They are inexpensive, and can help reduce inaccuracies which will become far more important as you progress in your weight loss.