Shoulder frustration

Options
So 3 years ago i dislocated my shoulder....all got fixed up but last week, moved a table at work, slightly stumbled and my shoulder popped out! Few choice swear words later, trip to A&E, and a foam sling later i am banned from working out for a while......i am still going to the gym and doing what i can but very limited......i just wanna push and pull stuff!.....ironically the doc says i can build more muscle into my shoulder to stop it popping but alas not for a while yet......sigh

Replies

• gkorn17
    gkorn17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How long does the doc have you on restrictions? Is it an ortho or PCP/internalist?
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hello leg day.... everyday!
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Took a full year off from a torn AC ligament and some partial tears of the front and back ligaments (don't remember the names). Came back and had some clicking issues until my muscle adjusted to the injury.

Most beneficial things was building up my muscles surrounding the scapula.
    Edit: I did not have surgery from the injury.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    So 3 years ago i dislocated my shoulder....all got fixed up but last week, moved a table at work, slightly stumbled and my shoulder popped out! Few choice swear words later, trip to A&E, and a foam sling later i am banned from working out for a while......i am still going to the gym and doing what i can but very limited......i just wanna push and pull stuff!.....ironically the doc says i can build more muscle into my shoulder to stop it popping but alas not for a while yet......sigh
    I completely understand your frustration. All the injuries I've sustained over the past year has not been to powerlifting but to other things unrelated. Still, you are taking the right approach, working around it.