Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

9 pm battle

ivadaeBl
ivadaeBl Posts: 23 Member
Evening there is just something about 9pm I can't break. Tried going to bed, didnt work, good went over and over and over, over over, till I have in, then whew, I could breath.
Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited February 2017
    I like 8:08. Known as Bob time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    IvadaleBl wrote: »
    Evening there is just something about 9pm I can't break. Tried going to bed, didnt work, good went over and over and over, over over, till I have in, then whew, I could breath.

I once went to bed at 9pm.

..... I was in the third grade and had the flu.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member

I've read this over, over, over and Whew going to bed.

OP:Is this a stream of consciousness post!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I'm confused. What is it about 9pm that is the problem?
  • TheJacksonian
    TheJacksonian Posts: 1 Member
    Snacking I guess?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Snacking I guess?

That was my first guess too.

It's a 9pm trigger.
  • bbell1985
    Big Whoop. Save 200-300 calories for dessert. I eat every single night at 9 pm. Dessert time.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    I had to get up at 3 am for to travel to the airport, so I went to bed at 9 pm... I can feel ya
  • ivadaeBl
    It's frustrating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    It's frustrating.

What is????
  • ivadaeBl
    Food battle.
  • ivadaeBl
    Yep, I try so hard not too. But food goes over and over and over and over and over and over in my mind it's like I can't breathe till I give in.it is frustrating drives me crazy makes me mad. I Wish I Never Had to eat again. To be honest I would rather sleep than eat. I hate the fact that we have to eat to live
  • ivadaeBl
    6- 6:30 pm
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    6- 6:30 pm

save some cals till 9pm
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    as most pitched in, eating before sleep is fine, unless it gives you digestion problems or sleeping issues. I usually have a nice cereal with a lot of fibers in it with milk and protein powder. Its like a nice little dessert.
    Just save your calories for the night.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    I'm up at 3:30 for the gym, always in bed by 9pm. Before I slink back to the unfun and appropriate thread here's some advice.

I brush and floss right after eating. That kept me from eating later after dinner because I'm lazy and wouldn't want to do it again.

Also, just keep keepin' on. Don't give up because the day was tough. Luckily another one is just a few hours away.
  • bbell1985
    Yep, I try so hard not too. But food goes over and over and over and over and over and over in my mind it's like I can't breathe till I give in.it is frustrating drives me crazy makes me mad. I Wish I Never Had to eat again. To be honest I would rather sleep than eat. I hate the fact that we have to eat to live

Try having a better attitude toward food. It's not odd that you want to eat after 6:30. I purposely eat dinner at 7:30 because of that. Anyway, save some calories for later lady! It's OKAY. Food is not our enemy. We need it's nutrients to live and be healthy!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I save 100-300 calories and plan snacks for the evening.

Are you getting enough calories, protein, fats, and fiber in your day? If not adjust what you are eating.
    Your calorie goal may be too aggressive. Many people want to lose a lot quickly and have problems. Set your weight loss goal lower and you may find it easier to live with.

Have you drastically changed your diet and eating habits?
    If you always ate at 9 pm for years it is habit. You can still snack at 9 pm on something that fits your goals or find something different to occupy yourself during that time.

If you have issues with emotional eating or disordered thoughts maybe it is time to seek professional help.