This can't be right only 189 calories??

Options
189 calories 26.8g protein 8.8g carb 5.7g fat boom rv957durolyo.jpg

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Could you break down how you got the total of 180 calories, bit hard to comment otherwise - looks to me like a thin sliver of chicken and some low calorie vegetables - spinach, onion, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, capsicum??

topped with a dark condiment of some sort??
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I thought salmon with spinach, asparagus, tomatoes onion and balsamic glaze?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Could you break down how you got the total of 180 calories, bit hard to comment otherwise - looks to me like a thin sliver of chicken and some low calorie vegetables - spinach, onion, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, capsicum??

topped with a dark condiment of some sort??

Probably aged balsamic vinegar.

Also... how did you prepare the chicken (fish?) and those cherry tomatoes/asparagus? It looks like there might be a smidgen of oil missing in those calculations...
  • paperpudding
    Options
    So, as you can see OP= we are only guessing what your meal contains - and some of us are picking different foods to others - Probably depending on our own food preferences.

Like I don't use balsamic vinegar so didnt think of identifying the dark topping as that.

You will need to tell us exactly what is in the meal - the foods and their weight - for us to make any meaningful comment about whether the calorie count is likely to be accurate.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's an appetizer! Looks too pretty to be "just" a snack! :)
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Well, there is another point I hadnt thought of - is the plate a side plate or a full size dinner plate? - because quantity is going to be misleading in a photo if we dont know that.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I made a massive bowl of salad - enough for 4 large heaped dinner plate's worth at least and actually weighed every single thing.
    Up until the sweetcorn, it was around 200 calories. Sweetcorn bumped it up to near 300.

A fairly small portion of lean meat shouldn't add too much.

However, if friend in oil; if I'm being strict I try to log all the oil that goes in the pan.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Working on the 4 4 9 rule this meal is 194 cals (so, yep, about right). If that is a piece of salmon I'm guessing that we're looking at about 140g portion.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    What is the 4 4 9 rule?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    What is the 4 4 9 rule?

Carbohydrates= 4 calories per gram
    Protein= 4 calories per gram
    Fat= 9 calories per gram
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    h007say wrote: »
    189 calories 26.8g protein 8.8g carb 5.7g fat boom rv957durolyo.jpg

It is mostly very low calorie vegetables and a small amount of lean meat and probably low fat/no fat dressing so yes it could be. It is not a huge amount of food visually so why would you be surprised/excited by the calorie amount being low?
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like much.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Based on the grams of macros I got almost 194 calories. Looks about right for that plate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    based on that picture I'm surprised it's that many calories
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. The sauce looks like a balsamic glaze.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Looks about right, but if that's true, where's the rest of your meal? That wouldn't even come close to being lunch or dinner for me.
  • h007say
    h007say Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for all the replies. That was actually my breakfast.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Looks really good! Was it on a small plate or an average sized plate? Tried to figure it out by looking at the cut up onion, lol. Looks like a very small portion.
  • h007say
    h007say Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's on a medium size plate would defo not call it a small plate tho. Its suprising how much food u can get in you on a 2000 calorie diet consisting of 200 g of protein 150 g of carbs and 67 g of fat. Only downside is usually on your last two meals out your six a day you cut out carbs at night depending on when your gym session was. But this leaves no leeway for sweets chocolate's bread or pasta.