MY STRENGTH TRAINING AND WEIGHTLIFTING

Options
Hey guys!

I told you that I would share my 15-min of strength training and weightlifting exercises. This is what I plan on doing:

Crunches: 3 sets of 15, 0 lbs
Sit ups: 2 sets of 10, 0 lbs
Chest Press: 3 sets of 15, 20-30lbs
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10, 30-40 lbs
Smith Machine/Barbell Hack Squat 3 sets of 20, 10-30 lbs
Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 5, 15-25 lbs
Lunges: 3 sets of 15, 0-15 lbs

I won't do these everyday, though. It's probably WAAYYY over 15 minutes and I don't want to be in too much pain. I'll create a schedule for these. I'll increase this after maybe 4-6 weeks, so I can be stronger/more toned.

WISH ME LUCK!

Replies

• artluv22
    artluv22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    SOOOO

*drumroll please*

In my last post, I said that I'd create a strength training schedule --> community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10518856/my-strength-training-and-weightlifting#latest

Here we go! *Mario Kart voice* haha :D

Monday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - lat pulldowns
    - lunges

Tuesday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - smith machine/barbell hack squats
    - chest press

Wednesday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - barbell curl
    - chest press

Thursday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - lat pulldowns

Friday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - chest press
    - lunges

As I said in the last post, after 4-6 weeks, I will increase these exercises.

SEE YA!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Did you make this up yourself?

I would go with an established program such as Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, or Strong Curves. These are balanced programs that are established by professionals who have years of experience.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It makes no sense, sorry.
  • artluv22
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Did you make this up yourself?

I would go with an established program such as Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, or Strong Curves. These are balanced programs that are established by professionals who have years of experience.
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    It makes no sense, sorry.

What's wrong with it? :'( And I did make it up myself.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    It's completely unbalanced and there is no reason to be doing that many sit ups and crunches. It's like each workout is based on the sit ups or crunches. Look at my tummy in my profile pic. Not perfect but I haven't done a SINGLE sit up or crunch through my weight loss.

You need a program that works the entire body. Do something like Strong Curves, Strong Lifts 5x5, All Pros Beginner Routine, New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    So many sit-ups and crunches.. I don't remember the last time I did those! *cringes*
  • bbell1985
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    So many sit-ups and crunches.. I don't remember the last time I did those! *cringes*

Right? I did a LITTLE in a surplus. I see no reason in a deficit lol. Or maintenance
  • artluv22
    Options
    It's completely unbalanced and there is no reason to be doing that many sit ups and crunches. It's like each workout is based on the sit ups or crunches. Look at my tummy in my profile pic. Not perfect but I haven't done a SINGLE sit up or crunch through my weight loss.

You need a program that works the entire body. Do something like Strong Curves, Strong Lifts 5x5, All Pros Beginner Routine, New Rules of Lifting for Women.

It is? :'( Giiiirrrlll, I wish my tummy was flat like yours B) . I guess doing crunches and sit ups over belly fat makes no sense. Okay, I'll check those out. But tomorrow, because I'm going to bed.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    artluv22 wrote: »

It is? :'( Giiiirrrlll, I wish my tummy was flat like yours B) . I guess doing crunches and sit ups over belly fat makes no sense. Okay, I'll check those out. But tomorrow, because I'm going to bed.

Muah. I saw your FR. We'll talk. Get some sleep.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

You're good in hands, OP. I'd consider whatever advice she gives you seriously.
  • bbell1985
    Options

:*<3
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options

I agree with this. You definitely don't get a flat tummy by doing sit ups. You get it through diet. I also think the programming is severely lacking. Half the moves are abs, very little compound lifts. It's completely lacking any shoulder exercise (like overhead press). What reps/sets are we even talking about here? What are the goals?

OP, do yourself a favor and get onto something well established, like one of the programs in the below link.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • jcpolk1856
    jcpolk1856 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How's your daily protein intake? You'll see the pounds and waist size drop if you incorporate protein into your meals (say .6 grams per pound of bodyweight)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    jcpolk1856 wrote: »
    How's your daily protein intake? You'll see the pounds and waist size drop if you incorporate protein into your meals (say .6 grams per pound of bodyweight)
    Yeah, um sorry, that's a full of no. What do you base this claim on?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't mean to be rude but that is a good example of why most people shouldn't design their own programs. It's pretty awful (content, missing content, scheduling etc). :(

An alternative would be have a serious think about your goals, preference for training frequency, capabilities and any restrictions then either:
    1. Pick an established program that matches the above.
    2. Get a professional to set up a program for you.
    3. Ask for people on here to make suggestions. (And of course state your goals etc.)

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

+1
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Op. Pick an established program. The work has literally been done for you. Attend the gym, do what it says, go home. Easy.
    jcpolk1856 wrote: »

This is the second thread you've given this incorrect advice. Stop.
  • artluv22
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I agree with this. You definitely don't get a flat tummy by doing sit ups. You get it through diet. I also think the programming is severely lacking. Half the moves are abs, very little compound lifts. It's completely lacking any shoulder exercise (like overhead press). What reps/sets are we even talking about here? What are the goals?

OP, do yourself a favor and get onto something well established, like one of the programs in the below link.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thank you. I'll take a look at it. And i know you can't get a flat tummy on just crunches or sit ups alone; you need cardio and diet to go with it. I posted my cardio and strength training plan in the posts below.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10518783/my-weight-loss-plan#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10518856/my-strength-training-and-weightlifting#latest
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    SOOOO

*drumroll please*

In my last post, I said that I'd create a strength training schedule --> community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10518856/my-strength-training-and-weightlifting#latest

Here we go! *Mario Kart voice* haha :D

Monday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - lat pulldowns
    - lunges

Tuesday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - chest press

Wednesday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - barbell curl
    - chest press

Thursday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - lat pulldowns

Friday:
    - crunches
    - sit ups
    - chest press
    - lunges

As I said in the last post, after 4-6 weeks, I will increase these exercises.

SEE YA!

really??? listen to the others and get on a proper plan!