Need Keto Friends

Options
Hey Everyone,
Just started strict Keto this past Sunday and am already 4lbs down. Looking for Keto friends on here (with public food journals) to bounce meal ideas off of, support eachother, etc. Please add me if you are doing Keto and want a Keto buddy! :)

Replies

• the_ravagedbarn
    the_ravagedbarn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, I'm just starting too :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a Keto'er...I have lost 96 lbs in a little over 2 years ..Please feel free to join this awesome group where most of us Keto'ers, low carbers, zero carbers etc etc hang out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

You are welcome to add me even though I don't log my food anymore

My go to websites for recipes are ruled.me.com....wickedstuffed.com....dietdoctor.com and Pinterest.com
  • sheerwits
    sheerwits Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Keto'er too!
  • corikay91
    corikay91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newish keto 'er here too! I did it last summer and dropped about 30 pounds in two months, but i wasn't strict at all when i got back to school and my weight crept back up. Now I'm in it to win it this time and I'm looking for some friends and support too! Throw me any good alternative keto friendly sweets/baked good recipes if you find them!
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! Feel free to add me. :)
  • future5bright
    future5bright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto today! Would love to have meal ideas
  • Curvycurly223
    Curvycurly223 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Luv_orange
    Luv_orange Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50
  • _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain Keto to me?
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Keto here. I have PCOS and after eating keto for one month, I was able to get my cycle jumpstarted again! Now I'm back on the train.
    I do a mix of veg and meat keto because I was vegetarian for 12 years before the PCOS diagnosis that pointed towards blood sugar issues (carbs) as the culprit.
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So add me if you'd like!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Phill, your body can use two different sources of fuel, glucose and ketones Glucose is derived from carbohydrates and protein (excess protein converts to glucose in the body via a process called gluconeogenesis) and ketones are an energy source produced by the liver from fats.

Followers of ketogenic diets derive the huge majority of their calories from fats, a moderate amount from protein, and very few from carbohydrates.

It can help to regulate blood sugar, may correct insulin resistance, and can enable your body to more effectively oxidize and use fat stores for energy.
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 of keto also! Feel free to add me!
  • livelaughlove1021
    livelaughlove1021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been following a Ketogenic lifestyle since January 2015. I have lost 96 pounds most of it in the first 7-8 months. I have been gaining and losing the same 5-6 pounds for the last four months and just started IF to see if it will help me lose the last 10-15 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto gal too. I would love some keto friends!!!!!
  • wheelercheryl
    wheelercheryl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking ketones and I'm not sure what a good food program would look like to really see results. Exactly what kind of fats do you eat? I don't like diary or saturated fats. But I could be talked into eating goats cheese! Love to join this group.
  • amandalyncreates
    amandalyncreates Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Keto today...would love all the cheerleaders and accountability buddies I can get. I have a feeling this is the kind of plan that a support group that truly understands would be helpful. :) Amanda
  • katiebookgirl
    katiebookgirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started yesterday! I have a lot to lose, but I'm feeling pretty positive that this is a diet I can do.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i'm relatively new to keto (i've been in ketosis just over a month) but y'all can add me to see my diary. it's nothing too exciting, just like my "about me" section.
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add some of you guys as friends - Day 4 on Keto and so far I love it. I've been primal on and off for years. It takes some meal prep time for me (total foodie) but this is definitely something I can stick to. It's challenging for me because I teach cooking and am a personal chef. Most of my clients and ALL of my students are not keto friendly - so I could use the daily motivation. So if you get a friend request from me - that's why. :)