Help

Options
I am trying to get healthy. Not nessicarily skinny, but healthy. What is the average weight for a 21 year old that is 5'7? Why do I keep giving up even though I want it ?! I get so excited to get back on track, have one bad day and give up

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Normal BMI for your height is around 120 to 159 pounds.

What do you consider a bad day? Going over your calories? Having a food you've restricted from your diet?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and i was most comfortable at 136-139. Im trying to get back to that
  • AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Everyone has bad or off days. It's going to happen and you can't dwell on it. Just recognise it and try harder the next day to do better. Beating yourself up doesn't give you more motivation, it just makes feel like giving up. You have to have the mind set that you really want it and no matter what, even off days, won't keep you from getting there. Keep your head up!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get healthy. Not nessicarily skinny, but healthy.
    Good, because skinny isn't healthy.

What is the average weight for a 21 year old that is 5'7?
    I think it depends on which country you're in.

Why do I keep giving up even though I want it ?! I get so excited to get back on track, have one bad day and give up
    Maybe you get so excited that you have a very narrow track? It's hard not to fall off a very straight and narrow track.
  • madsandy11
    madsandy11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about weight, and worry more about body fat percentage. You could lose quite a few pounds of water weight and still not look any different. However, if you lose a few percentage points if body fat, that could be the difference between having a 6 pack and not having a 6 pack. There's also nothing wrong with having one or 2 bad days. Life happens all of the time. Weight loss and body building don't happen over night, so it's important to be patient! Msg me if you have any more questions!
  • leahnoob
    leahnoob Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone has bad days. Just last weekend I ate 1300 calories above my goal. I just tell myself that it's in the past and I need to strive for the future.