Excited to have support; scared to be sharing!

Options
Hi all,
I'm 37 and have always struggled with my weight. After two kids and some health issues, I'm at an all time low (emotionally) regarding my weight and an all time high (pounds). I have visited with my doctor because I'm doing the right things (exercise, good food, etc) and the weight is not coming off. I've been tracking my food on a notepad but so far I love that MFP calculates everything. I'm hopeful that by adding this tool, I'll figure out something that was missing in the manual way I was tracking. Looking forward to success with all of you but I'm also a little nervous about being so public! Best of luck and blessings to all. Have a fantastic day!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I hope this site will help you! It is great to have support and friends and these forums to bounce ideas! I am addicted after just a few weeks myself. This is much more fun than notepad!
  • where_next
    where_next Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be scared- but do read all of the great success stories that are posted on here.

One thing you'll find this tool helps you do is have accountability. So search and add some friends, and start losing weight!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No need to be nervous at all. Everybody on here is VERY NICE and VERY SUPPORTIVE...and we are all in the same boat, in one way or another, so chin up with feeling that way. You are doing the right thing in choosing this site. Much success to you. HINT - do not lose site of your goal and alwasy stay active, both on this website and in exercise :flowerforyou:
  • Michi63
    Michi63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think you are in good company here. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We're all here with the same goal in mind, Loose weight and be healthy for the rest of our life.
    We're here to support you and motivate you reach your goals and be with you all the way.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. and Welcome to our family.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! THis site is terrific witht eh tools it has and the people that are here and willing to help! Feel free to add me if you'd like another supportive friend!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's really hard to be public about it at first, but this site has some of the best support I've ever met. It makes it so easy and people can tell you what you might be doing wrong. The advice is amazing because it is coming from people that are in the same boat - been there, done that. Everyone has so many GREAT ideas and can help you figure out what is the right path for you.

Also, the accountability really is amazing. If you keep you diary public (scary at first) then it's like having that little voice all the time reminding you not to "cheat." The other benefit is that other people can look at what you are doing and help tweak here and there to make the plan more successful.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    just be honest, weigh your food, dont guess.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    No need to be nervous at all. Everybody on here is VERY NICE and VERY SUPPORTIVE...and we are all in the same boat, in one way or another, so chin up with feeling that way. You are doing the right thing in choosing this site. Much success to you. HINT - do not lose site of your goal and alwasy stay active, both on this website and in exercise :flowerforyou:

What she said! AND...just wait until you start seeing the challenges posted by folks and banding together for common goals. For example, I just joined a group that is targeting a consistent 4 lb a month weight loss target. And one of my new MFP friends and I are going to do Couch to 5K together (she lives in OR and I live in NM).

4 months ago, I would NEVER have thought I could do this - and it's been one of the best things to ever happen for me!

So welcome, and I hope you love it as much as we all do :) And don't worry about sharing - we won't tell.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it gets so much easier! I wouldn't even tell my boyfriend how much I weight, now I have no problem telling people on here. It is great to be with people with similar goals! Get a food scale, you might be eating more then you think!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Best of luck to you! This is a great site lots of support and motivation!!!
  • OlibecaMom
    OlibecaMom Posts: 78
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm very encouraged just by having people reply to this post! Awesome!