If I can live without alcohol and feel content why is living without sugar harder lol

Options
Thinking should I just go sugar free this year. I'm all or nothing and I believe that won't change. I can go ages without it but once I have it I just want more. I don't want to continue fighting. Might be easier to remove it for good

Replies

• olira6624
    olira6624 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am fighting sugar too,not easy I must say and sometimes I just give myself some treat and not buying sugar or sweet is easier heh lots of carrots instead some are really sweet :) fight, we are all fighting here, gd luck
  • bubblebum82
    bubblebum82 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great posts. I'm gonna crack this one way or the other. I'll update progress or lack of
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the stuff made with Splenda. Some don't like it, but I do. Sometimes my "sweet tooth" becomes a raving beast so I have to satisfy it somehow and this takes off that edge but without as much of the bad effects.
    There are some other natural sweeteners on the market that taste the same and your body can't process it; (Stevia, or Xylitol for example) some are more cost conscious than others.
  • cgoguen1
    cgoguen1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners are great for diabetics but for those who are not, it can be dangerous. They've been linked to a lot of scary diseases and studies have shown that they still effect your blood sugar levels and cravings.
  • Shanewp
    Shanewp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stevia is healthier than Splenda from what I've heard.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    cgoguen1 wrote: »
    Artificial sweeteners are great for diabetics but for those who are not, it can be dangerous. They've been linked to a lot of scary diseases and studies have shown that they still effect your blood sugar levels and cravings.

Got any links to these studies?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Thinking should I just go sugar free this year. I'm all or nothing and I believe that won't change. I can go ages without it but once I have it I just want more. I don't want to continue fighting. Might be easier to remove it for good

What are your goals and how is cutting sugar out going to help you get there?
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I truly believe sugar is one of the most (if not THE most) addictive substances in the world. It is hard to give up, I don't personally know anyone who has been successful at it.
    I think a gradual reduction in sugar (added sugar that is...) is the best approach. Just my opinion though, because it has worked for me over the last 4 months. I used to roughly have 140 grams of sugar a day (yikes!) to now 50-60 ish grams. Still not great, but a lot better and most of those grams are from natural sugar.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    where do you use all this sugar? in coffee or tea?
  • iangibson135
    iangibson135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar at the beginning of the year, lost 11.6kg. No junk food, nothing in a packet or a box, read the labels, they all have added sugar. I drink low carb beer or straight spirits with soda water, not everyday, read Sweet Poison, you will understand.
  • bubblebum82
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will take this all on board. My vice is choc. Like I could buy a box of chocolate brevitas before and eat the lot. I've actually done that before. I'll crack it. Only had dark choc today and a couple of dark chocolate nairs wheat free biscuit things.
  • bubblebum82
    Options
    Typo
  • bubblebum82
    Options
    Yes you are right. I'm not a slave to my cravings. They will be my *kitten*
  • bubblebum82
    Options
    Another typo, that was meant to say *kitten* ha
  • bubblebum82
    Options
    Bluddy hell man what does it take to type *kitten*. My cravings will be my *kitten*