Desperate to lose 25 lbs and stay motivated!

Options
Hi! I've done MyFitnessPal a few times and usually lose anywhere from 2-10 pounds...and then eventually gain it back lol. I'm 5'10, 22 years old, type 1 diabetic, and 25 pounds away from my dream weight. I'm desperate to feel confident and healthy again. Trying to be part of this community to see if it helps keep me motivated!!

Replies

• mandalaysissa
    mandalaysissa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey there

just curious: how long does it usually take for you to get back those pounds you've lost?
  • samantaggart
    samantaggart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You might be encouraged by the fact that the pounds usually stay off for up to a year! It seems the pounds come back as soon as I fool myself into thinking that the weight loss is permanent without work.
  • mandalaysissa
    mandalaysissa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You might be encouraged by the fact that the pounds usually stay off for up to a year! It seems the pounds come back as soon as I fool myself into thinking that the weight loss is permanent without work.

I know what you mean! I got my 20pounds back after getting too lazy to exercise.. it took me 30months :(
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Before and after pictures normaly keep me motivated, when you look back at old pictures and see what you looked like it helps keep you motivated
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done MyFitnessPal a few times and usually lose anywhere from 2-10 pounds...and then eventually gain it back lol. I'm 5'10, 22 years old, type 1 diabetic, and 25 pounds away from my dream weight. I'm desperate to feel confident and healthy again. Trying to be part of this community to see if it helps keep me motivated!!

Good luck, my advice, is to focus on 1 lbs 25 times
  • lucilaperez1
    lucilaperez1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You've definitely come to right community! :) Tracking your food & progress potos will help a ton!
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've lost 110lbs since January 2016. Lost a majority within 8/9 months. I'm sure if I can do it then you certainly can! Certain you can keep them off this time also!