Useless Fact of the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Who would eat that!! ***gaggggggg***

Apparently, Japanese scientist Mitsuyuki Ikeda from the Okayama Laboratory. :)

Recycling human waste into food or other will be a thing of the future. Especially in space. It makes me think of the book, Ender's Game.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    Argentina-2012-563_web-lrg.jpg
    Hunter-gatherers made these handprints about 9000 years ago in "Hands Cave" in Argentina. Its almost as if they are trying to reach to us from the past, almost.. Each with their own personality, dreams, hopes.. Nobody knows what it means really but I thought it was cool.

Cool :smiley: Looks like they're almost all left hands too

Not really. It does prove that their paint brush was in the dominant hand. Some in their right and some in their left.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hunter-gatherers made these handprints about 9000 years ago in "Hands Cave" in Argentina. Its almost as if they are trying to reach to us from the past, almost.. Each with their own personality, dreams, hopes.. Nobody knows what it means really but I thought it was cool.

Not really. It does prove that their paint brush was in the dominant hand. Some in their right and some in their left.

Not really what?

think he thought you said "they are left handed", whilst you said those are all left hands. Small confusion only :smile:

Skeptical-Thinking-gif.gif
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    zippers became fashionable as a closure device for men's flys in 1937. Since then they have been zipped and unzipped trillions of times....
  • subcounter
    Options

Not really what?

think he thought you said "they are left handed", whilst you said those are all left hands. Small confusion only :smile:

Skeptical-Thinking-gif.gif

3yyqf6aeo520.gif

giphy.gif
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    Spoons kill more people than sharks in a year. 10 vs 6 on average.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    Spoons kill more people than sharks in a year. 10 vs 6 on average.

Don't know if I should be less afraid of sharks, or more afraid of spoons
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Bet if you used more sharks as spoons, that number would go way up :-)
  • cee134
    Options
    If banks made 6 billion dollars from overdraft fees last year, then banks made 6 billion off of people who don't have money.
  • cee134
    Options
    MRW my friend reminds me that The 5th Element came out 20 years ago.

rm6f26vcdh8a.gif

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Your star sign has likely changed. I used to be a Taurus, now I am an Aries. Oh an apparently there is a 13th star sign now?

Capricorn: Jan 20 - Feb 16
    Aquarius: Feb 16 – March 11
    Pisces: March 11 – April 18
    Aries: April 18 – May 13
    Taurus: May 13 – June 21
    Gemini: June 21 – July 20
    Cancer: July 20 – Aug 10
    Leo: Aug 10 – Sept 16
    Virgo: Sept 16 – Oct 30
    Libra: Oct 30 – Nov 23
    Scorpio: Nov 23 – Nov 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov 29 – Dec 17
    Sagittarius: Dec 17 – Jan 20

Ophiuchus, sounds like Pikachu. Did you make it up?

OphiuchusCC.jpg
    They seriously must have been on some hard drugs when they came up with these constellations.
    From wikipedia - "serpent-bearer", and it is commonly represented as a man grasping the snake that is represented by the constellation Serpens.
  • subcounter
    Options
    The origin of the word Gung ho; which means, extremely or overly zealous or enthusiastic is actually a motto (interpreted as meaning “work together”) adopted by certain U.S. marines, from Chinese (Beijing) gōnghé, short for Zhōngguó Gōngyè Hézuò Shè Chinese Industrial Cooperative Society.

giphy.gif
  • cee134
    Options
    ( ) ( ) isn't a palindrome, yet ( ) ) ( is.
  • cee134
    Options
    It's a lot easier to win an argument with a smart person than with a dumb person.
  • cee134
    Options
    The most unrealistic thing about science laboratories in TV/movies is the lack of computer instruments still running on Windows 2000 or XP.