Does a Vodka Martini have a lot of Carbs?

Options
I am on a LCHF diet and my wife and I went out to celebrate her birthday last night. I had 3 Tito's vodka martini's thinking it was low carb but when I imputed the info the 3 oz gave me a carb count of 27g's. Ugh what gives?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Is it made with vermouth?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's the vermouth probably. 3.5 grams of carbohydrates per ounce.
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you just answer my question as I make my own martinis the apple ones and I put no vermouth in so I am glad that I do not but I don't do this very often so thanks for the universal answer!!
  • rcryancone
    rcryancone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes Vermouth. I called the bar and they do put 1/2 oz per drink. I will adjust accordingly. Thanks
  • bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I go out I have vodka and diet soda 0 carbs and about 70 calories.
  • Paulight
    Paulight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to track alcohol on my fitness pal???!!! Jk. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Considering that in a proper Martini you should just briefly wave the vermouth bottle over the vodka, there shouldn't be a lot of carbohydrates in there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Considering that in a proper Martini you should just briefly wave the vermouth bottle over the vodka, there shouldn't be a lot of carbohydrates in there.

While you're not as old as I am, clearly you're old enough to remember when a martini was a Serious Drink.

Now they're just yet another crazy-sweet flavorlicious nonsense thing . . . they put simple syrup in them, not to mention fruit juice, etc. Not The Same Drink! ;)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

While you're not as old as I am, clearly you're old enough to remember when a martini was a Serious Drink.

Now they're just yet another crazy-sweet flavorlicious nonsense thing . . . they put simple syrup in them, not to mention fruit juice, etc. Not The Same Drink! ;)

I'm not much of a fan of cocktails, but I once read a description of a martini as having the "aesthetic of cold steel." That grabbed me and hasn't let go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I was going to say this...

I love a good martini every once in awhile...I like mine dirty...damn, I think I'm making martinis this weekend.