Never thought I would have this problem

Options
2»

Replies

• cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Janejellyrole - thank you for looking. I have been using the scanning device on my phone app for MFP. It better be accurate , it is so much easier to use. I will defiantly take a closer look
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Janejellyrole - thank you for looking. I have been using the scanning device on my phone app for MFP. It better be accurate , it is so much easier to use. I will defiantly take a closer look

The scanning is not always accurate. MFP relies on user-generated entries so one user's information may be different than yours depending on region. That's why it is important to double check against either your package or USDA information.

I definitely recommend a food scale if you don't already have one.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your phone may be choosing the right database entries, but if it isn't matching the exactly quantity you're eating then your resulting logging will be off. That's why people are asking you about how you're measuring -- the best test will be in your results overtime. If you lose about what you expect to lose, then your logging is working. But if you don't lose what you expect to lose, then there may be an opportunity to investigate ways to log more accurately.
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your impute. I will be going everything everyone said.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Remember cups and spoons measure volume, that's ok for fluids but very inaccurate for solids - much more accurate to weigh things.
    Do a little experiment with grated cheese, press it down and you can cram twice as much in...

Not losing at the rate you expect is a huge clue you are eating more than you think I'm afraid.
    You could of course continue to log the way that suits you and simply drop your calorie goal a little.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Usually when people find they can't eat enough they are either 1) not measuring portions correctly or using incorrect database entries (so they're eating more than they think they are or 2) they've cut too many calorie-dense foods from their diet.

If you're confident in your logging (that is, weighing solid foods, double-checking database entries, etc), then you've probably cut *too much* from your diet. Fattier foods are often a good way to get in calories -- think olive oil, full fat salad dressings, avocado. Or maybe some grains, potatoes, pasta, or bread.

What do *you* find easy to eat?

This!