chicken and rice diet

Options
2»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm on that diet right now. Though no veggies. All I eat is chicken and rice with a multivitamin in the morning. I run 2 miles every day and drink plenty of water. I feel great and could see a difference after one week. I lost 7 pounds the first week and once I hit my target weight, will change my diet to start building up muscle.

Why? You're just creating more work for yourself. Building muscle isn't that easy and takes a hell of a lot more than just a change in diet..
  • brandonlegree
    brandonlegree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    chicken and rice is probably the fastest way i know to loose weight, or get super toned. what i did is used chicken and rice as my base for my meals. i added things like veggies and fruit eggs, nuts, beans. just healthy things to fill in the gap. have a cheat day it makes your diet much easier.
  • Pheonixfire13
    Pheonixfire13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you do the Chicken and Rice Diet make sure that you are having some type of Green Veggie. I do this diet every other month just to keep myself fit and tone. I do a protien (chicken, fish, steak) then my complexed carb (rice) and then a veggie (mostly green veggies) And this is the best thing that you can do. My trainer says that this is the best to do for 3 weeks and then eat a normal meal, with this your body doesn't know what you are "shocking" it so it will dump what your body doesn't need.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When you do the Chicken and Rice Diet make sure that you are having some type of Green Veggie. I do this diet every other month just to keep myself fit and tone. I do a protien (chicken, fish, steak) then my complexed carb (rice) and then a veggie (mostly green veggies) And this is the best thing that you can do. My trainer says that this is the best to do for 3 weeks and then eat a normal meal, with this your body doesn't know what you are "shocking" it so it will dump what your body doesn't need.

Why is this the best thing that you can do?

And how does your body "dump" excess energy? This sounds completely fictional.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Holy 6 year old thread Batman!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

This thread is 6 years old and was last bumped 3 years ago... but just for curiosity sake...

So you eat a protein, a carb and a veggie at your meals? Every meal? I would get bored of all chicken but there's nothing particularly magical about that combination, it's essentially how mist of us were raised to eat: meat, starch, veggie.
    I do think aside from boredom it's missing fat.

Also, your body doesn't need to be "shocked" and what does your normal meal consist of if this meal is so out of the ordinary?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ooh, necro thread.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The idea of chicken and rice is making me hungry as I sit here pretending to work.. but you can gain weight eating chicken and rice just as much as anything else.

Weight loss is about consuming fewer calories than you burn, it's that simple.

What have you tried that you keep giving up after one or two days? Eat food you like but count your calories and keep it to what MFP suggests. You should be able to do that for more than a couple days.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    JesterMFP wrote: »
    Works for pro bodybuilders
    This thread is over 2 years old and the OP deactivated.

LOL, this comment was posted 4 years ago.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The idea of chicken and rice is making me hungry as I sit here pretending to work.. but you can gain weight eating chicken and rice just as much as anything else.

Weight loss is about consuming fewer calories than you burn, it's that simple.

What have you tried that you keep giving up after one or two days? Eat food you like but count your calories and keep it to what MFP suggests. You should be able to do that for more than a couple days.

OP is long gone, but we do have a bump with some recent broscience to discuss...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Why isn't meat, rice and vegetable a "normal meal"?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Time to get a new trainer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How do people find these things?!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    How do people find these things?!

By doing a search? (which is better than creating another thread, someone needs to inform the ACV crowd that the function exists!)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So, you give up diets after a short while, but hope that this diet will get you there?

Stop dieting. That's your problem.

*shakes fist*

Stop resurrecting necro threads. Jfc.
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It helps me to have a consistent meal plan. Breakfast is 1-2 scrambled eggs asking with a a johnsonville smoked Turkey sausage link. Lunch is salad with tomato and 3oz chicken. I use Bolthouse Ranch dressing. Dinner is 3-4ozs chicken, lean beef or fish with 1/2 cup brown rice and steamed or roasted vegetables. Evening Snack is plain full fat Greek yogurt with 1 cup berries. If I need a morning snack I have a protein drink. If I need an afternoon snack a stick of lite string cheese and clementine. Calories stay around 1200 and I lose 2+ lbs per week.