30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30??

Options
Okay ... which one? Keep in mind I am a mother of two, and work a 40 hour job ... so I need to know which would be easier for me to squeeze into my already hectic routine. I am desperate for a drastic change, and I will work hard to get it.

Who has seen the best results ... and from which?

Let me know guys!!

♥ Bethy

Replies

• AngieMGK
    AngieMGK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend one or the other because I haven't done either, but Good Luck!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    shredding then ripping thts the sequence, shredding melts fat and then ripping makes muscles tone
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day Shred right now and am having great results so far... I have heard that Ripped in 30 is tougher than 30 day shred so I was planning on doing it after I have completed the Shred. So maybe you want to start out with the Shred first?
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    You could fit in either, as they follow the same format and run about the same in length. I would start with The Shred. It's a little more basic, and move onto Ripped after that. Good luck. I enjoy them both.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the 30 day shred, have not tried it yet. I heard it is great and results show quickly....I would advise to start with that one and then the other for the second 30....changing up the routine will keep you from getting bored.
  • Rtscholze
    Rtscholze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    30 DAY SHRED. I loved it, completeted it, work out is only 20min long. It's good time frame for a quick work out.
  • littleb7
    littleb7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I got in great shape after the 30 day shred! I highly recommend it! =) I just started doing the ripped in 30, but think the 30 day shred is forsure the one to start with! good luck!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do the shred first it is easier. both are about 2o to 25 minutes in length. I did the workouts for week one and 2 on ripped and they are boring and hard. Shred and then Rip it up.
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have only tried the 30 Day Shred. I loved that it was only 20ish minutes a day, but I didn't like doing the EXACT same thing everyday. I quickly got bored and did not finish. I'm currently doing P90x, which I LOVE because it's something different EVERY day.
  • purrteetea
    purrteetea Posts: 24
    Options
    I recently tried the 30 day shred but had to quit because it was killer on my legs...I've had knee surgery in the past, shin splints and have VERY flat feet...30 day shred requires ALOT of jumping...not good if you have issues with your legs or feet :sad:
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    Cool ... thanks for the input everyone. I am going tonight to get 30 Day Shred. I can't wait to get started. ♥
  • Bspin7
    Bspin7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is the first one, I'm on day 12 and its gonna k.... y.... a..... The ripped in 30 is the sequel to the first as I understand it from someone else who is doing it. I have a full time job and children also, the way I fit it all in is getting up at 4:00...crazy yes but this is my second try at this and the only way I can get it done. I'm learning self first before others, its not easy to change but worth it. Good luck....:smile:
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i agree, do the 30 day shred first. it's only 20 minutes and it's the best place to start. otherwise u will set impossible goals for urself and get discouraged. i'm doing the 30 day shred right now too and getting great results as well. good luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The shred and ripped in 30 are pretty much the same thing. Weights, cardio abs and then repeat.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Ripped because I ordered them separately and got it first. I wish I would have known that shred was easier, I haven't even opened it yet but I plan on doing it in August. Ripped is kicking my butt in a good way. it's over quickly but I am usually drenched when I'm finished!!!!!
  • bethy0316
    Options
    I recently tried the 30 day shred but had to quit because it was killer on my legs...I've had knee surgery in the past, shin splints and have VERY flat feet...30 day shred requires ALOT of jumping...not good if you have issues with your legs or feet :sad:

Sorry to hear that :frown: Hopefully I don't knock things off the walls at home!!
  • bethy0316
    Options
    30 day shred is the first one, I'm on day 12 and its gonna k.... y.... a..... The ripped in 30 is the sequel to the first as I understand it from someone else who is doing it. I have a full time job and children also, the way I fit it all in is getting up at 4:00...crazy yes but this is my second try at this and the only way I can get it done. I'm learning self first before others, its not easy to change but worth it. Good luck....:smile:

I need something to KMA ... LOL!!
  • fitdevo12
    fitdevo12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred now. Any idea how many calories burned to record it as?
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you like JM's style, you might want to check out the 40-minute Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism workout - just to have something to switch to once a week or so. It'll definitely be a challenge if you're also doing the Shred.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i have done both and i love both!!

I did 30 Day Shred a few times and saw fabulous results and LOVED the workout. i will sing its praises to anyone who will listen. i just recently started Ripped in 30 (on week 2) because i was needing a change and am trying to build a big collection of workout dvds so i don't get bored.

I am also a mom and also work a full time job, so i know how you feel. It was hard at first, but i find Its easy to squeeze in 25-30 minutes, now. good luck to you!!