Daily Vitamins.....

Options
Any suggestions on which brand/kind I should take?

I take the equate womens one a day.... but I feel like I should be taking something better....

Replies

• kiwinermal
    kiwinermal Posts: 17
    Options
    I am curious to hear people's thoughts/suggestions on this too...
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Rainbow Light women's multi from amazon, haven't tried them yet. Anyone use them?
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    One of the top brands out there: douglus lab
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    Bump
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm taking One A Day Women's and they have everything I need, and then some. I was mostly looking for something which had a full 18mg of iron and women's vitamins are the only kind that do. They also have 50% of the DV for calcium. That helps make up for the days I don't quite get in all of the dairy I should.
  • atomdraco
    Options
    Just bought the Rainbow Light women's multi from amazon, haven't tried them yet. Anyone use them?

I use their Food-based calcium supplement
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like GNC Ultra Mega Woman's Active. It's 2 tablets once a day and I haven't had any sick effects like nausea of discolored urine like I have on other daily multi vitamins. It can be a little pricey but I've found a great seller on Ebay that sells 180 tablets for $30 and it comes new in the box and sealed.
  • acall333
    acall333 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started taking the Nature Made Womens Packet. There are 4 vitamins in each packet including a multi-vitamin and calcium.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I like GNC Ultra Mega Woman's Active. It's 2 tablets once a day and I haven't had any sick effects like nausea of discolored urine like I have on other daily multi vitamins.

I LOVE these. No side effects, has the right amount of iron and Bs.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Performance every day
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That is perfect according to my doctor. As long as you're eating a healthy, clean, nutrient filled diet! :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like gummy vites :)
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What I believe are the best source for quality ingredients are vitamins by Andrew Lessman. He knows his stuff and is always on top of the latest research. He does sell on HSN, but you can buy directly at www.procapslabs.com
  • atomdraco
    Options
    I'm taking One A Day Women's and they have everything I need, and then some. I was mostly looking for something which had a full 18mg of iron and women's vitamins are the only kind that do. They also have 50% of the DV for calcium. That helps make up for the days I don't quite get in all of the dairy I should.

I use Douglas Lab's iron supplement & Rainbow Light's food-based calcium. I'm getting away from the multivitamin. If you have a balanced diet, many of those vitamin, you may not need. More doesn't means better. And I use Douglas Lab's folic acid supplement.
  • atomdraco
    Options
    I like gummy vites :)

That's what my hubby want it. :P
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    I just bought a Women's multivitamin from Target - the off brand - Up&Up which is comparable to GNC it said, i think *scratches head*

bumpity bump bump bump.... :laugh:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    go to vitaminid.com and do the survey to see what vitamins you should be taking
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    ok this one area where you get what you pay for..... the vitamin levels may be the same but it depends on the vehicle--what holds the pills together and what form the vitamins are in before put into your pills.....so buy the best vitamin you can afford...anything is better than nothing....and remember (nothing against farmers) but most of our commercial food is sadly deplete in vitamins because the soil is deplete...so you need vits and you need to shop farmers markets or grow your own... that said I like the Usana brand from Salt Lake City...
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I just started taking the Nature Made Womens Packet. There are 4 vitamins in each packet including a multi-vitamin and calcium.

not sure if you are aware but ive found these for 8.50 on amazon NEW. :o) I think I am gonna look into these. Thank you.
  • mgoularte1901
    Options
    Equate was rated high in the most recent vitamin comparison.