Anyone else just can NOT get full some days?

Options
I'll have random days where I can not get full ! My calorie intake is about 1500 calories, I'll make myself an extra healthy snack (example: celery peanut buttter,chickpea salad) and still go to bed hungry. It doesn't happen all the time but will have atleast once-twice a week. Does anyone have an idea of why this happens ?

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Are you dehydrated? Maybe you need more water? I don't always feel "full." I strive for "not hungry."
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That could be it. Yea like my stomach growls and everything lol. I'll try more water. Thanks
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    At your evening meal eat a protein, carb, and a little fat with vegetables until satiated. Protein, carbs, and then fats for satiation but all three together give a lasting effect.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    Options
    Great advice Will do thank you
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    A couple of things:

1. If you open up your journal, we could take a look at your diet. I second @bpotts44 but instead of carbs make sure it is fiber. Carbs could also mean sugar, which would not be filling at all.

2. Honestly, a lot of feeling hungry is psychological. Ever been full and then someone brings out your favorite dessert and suddenly you have room in your stomach? If you eat distracted (while watching TV, driving, reading stuff on your computer), it is harder to feel full. If you eat quickly, it is harder to feel full. Try to practice mindful eating. Eat slowly by putting your fork down between bites, chew slowly, enjoy and savor your food, 1/2 way through your meal ask yourself if you are still hungry, and eat without distractions.
    3. Stay hydrated.

4. Distract yourself by taking a walk, calling a friend, coloring, etc.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It happens when I ovulate, or when I have taken up too many calories for the day with carbs/sugar, if I've had a heavy deadlift session the day before...I diet on 1500 as well and sometimes it's a bit painful. I try to eat high volume because I love a full belly, but sometimes don't get that very full satisfied feeling you get with fat. Try messing with your macros a bit too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    We all get hungry days, I get more hungrier on days I've done strength training. Also a hungry day for me would happen when the previous day I've not eaten enough protein. Our bodies need fuelled and being (truly) hungry is natures way of telling us to fuel up :smile:
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Especially after a day of running! It's just part of the process.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Two days ago. I was absolutely ravenous all day. I went over my calories by a few hundred. Felt the same way yesterday, but I was able to power through and stay under my calories with the help of a lot of water, a steamy shower and an early night. Today I feel completely fine again. Might not be the same for you, but I find I get hungrier when I'm on my period. Or if I've had more sugar than usual. Planning ahead is good. Try and up the protein on those days when you get the munchies, and go for heavily veggie-based meals to create volume without adding too many calories. :smile:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Yep. Some days I just get super hungry. Sometimes I even go over 2000 calories and my goal is usually 1200 lol it's random. It's not because I eat low because it happens no matter what I do and it's very random....maybe once a month? Then I have days like yesterday and today where *I could* eat, but meh. I don't really care if I do or don't?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Play around with what you're eating. Some people feel "full" from fats or proteins or carbs or a mixed combo. I don't feel "full" from fibre or protein or fat.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If someone has been gaining weight, it will be likely eating at maintenance or to lose will make one feel hungry sometimes.

It's okay
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Feeling full is a feeling i phased out entirely. I save the extra calories that could have made me feel full earlier in the day for late night snacks. Cant sleep hungry. Aim for not hungry through the day, Not full.
  • jruck371
    jruck371 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yup, the two days leading up to "that time of the month" nothing fills me up, it doesn't matter how close to my macros I get or what I eat. I keep my giant water bottle filled with water, lemon and Splenda close by on those days.. its like diet lemonade, so it also helps with the sweet cravings I get :)
  • BrookeRunningMom
    Options
    Wonderful thank you everyone. I've been loosing 1-2 lbs a week for the last 12 weeks. I think it's not enough water intake I also breastfeed and maybe the menstrual cycle maybe creeping up too . Thanks guys
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1117429 wrote: »
    Wonderful thank you everyone. I've been loosing 1-2 lbs a week for the last 12 weeks. I think it's not enough water intake I also breastfeed and maybe the menstrual cycle maybe creeping up too . Thanks guys

Breastfeeding burns a lot of calories AND dehydrates you, so that's a definite possibility!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I feel this way after snacking. I've discovered that snacks only whet my appetite.

I do IF now (since morning snacking was the worst for me). In the evening I'm not really hungry. I know a lot of people have the opposite problem. (evening, midnight snacking)
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Porridge helps me I have it in the evening
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today! i just call it a refeed day :wink: They happen every 2 weeks or so.