Running Shoes

Options
How do you tell if you have found the right running shoe or a shoe that will be comfortable? I know a lot of people say to go get fitted...but I honestly just do not have the money to spend on the shoes they have in the store. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Try outlet stores.
  • hellhammer
    hellhammer Posts: 45
    Options
    Well for my part i use five fingers from vibram and saucony kinvara, the reason? i was unable to run due to huge knee pain , then i switched to those for a final tryout before bandonning run forever.

Results 9 runs later, 52km ran, my knee acts like a new knee.

Your should read about those because they briong you to a normal running stance that will trian the right muscle , therefore making the run comfortable and making you lose weight faster because you will actually enjoy running

Cheers!
  • hellhammer
    hellhammer Posts: 45
    Options
    Oh and BTW for those who think that this is a impossible story or im just trying to sell shoes , i got my nike plus stats to prove my results ;)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If my feet aren't sore, my calves aren't aching from something other than the run (and I would know it right away) and I feel good then I know I found a great pair of shoes. My 2 favorite brands are New Balance and Ryka, I have never had a bad pair of shoes from those 2 brands.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Good question...bump
    >
  • tmston2
    tmston2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I WUD SUGGEST GOING AND TRYING ON AS MANY OF THE RUNNING SHOES AS YOU CAN, ELIMINATE THE ONES THAT

JUS DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE, EXAMINE THE SMALL DIFF BTWEEN WHATS LEFT, BE FRUGAL BUT NOT TO FRUGAL,

SUMTIMES CHEAP IS EXACTLY JUS THAT CHEAP CRAP! YOU WILL DEF FIND SUMTHING WITH A GREAT FIT AND

IN YOUR BUDGET!!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Do you have stores near you like TJ Maxx or Ross? I bought two of my favorite pairs of running shoes at Ross, several months apart. They're both Pumas running shoes, and the original price on each pair was around $100. I got them fr $12. You can get good brands without paying a ridiculous amount. Amazon has some great deals on running shoes, too. If you're worried about fit, you can always go into a store and try on the same brand in a similar style to decide what size you need. For example, I wear half a size bigger than usual in Pumas because they're made so tight.