Favorite quotes

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    "So is working at McDonald's, but you don't see anyone tip them, do ya? Why not? They're serving you food. But no, society says don't tip these guys over here, but tip these guys over here. That's bullshlt!"

Mr Pink
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    AdamBenks wrote: »
    "To whom much is given, much is tested"
    - Bible
    - Uh, no. Look up Luke 12:48

• 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    These are great!

Here's another.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    quote-you-are-not-a-beautiful-unique-snowflake-this-is-your-life-and-it-s-ending-one-minute-at-a-chuck-palahniuk-141053.jpg
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    "it'll fit don't worry" - MrStabbems

:|
  • Michael230382
    Michael230382 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Man in the Arena

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
  • sgtpeppers1978
    sgtpeppers1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die- Inigo Montoya
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." Mortimer Brewster
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    nolite te bastardes carborundorum- Margaret Atwood

• 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die- Inigo Montoya

Ah! Classic!
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" but in all honesty... I could think of a million things that taste freakin delicious!!!!!!!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    From an English teacher from a long time ago

Do not wallow in the quagmires of ossification - Burl Queener

Used when you tried to BS him with an answer.

Do not quest for the euphoria of certitude in the field of human endeavors - Burl Queener.

Used when you tried to get an exact answer from him
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites:

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Pay not attention to the words people say, just watch what they do.
  • Hadvab
    Hadvab Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Hadvab wrote: »
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau

Love Thoreua.
  • nickyboyfloyd
    nickyboyfloyd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love it when a plan comes together - Hannibal Smith