Hi Friends! New to this app. Trying to lose 60 pounds!

Options
Hi friends, I'm at a pre diabetic stage and its scares me because I need to stick to this lifestyle change and get healthy for my family. Doctor prescribed me Belviq for a month just to help me with my weight loss( not looking for a easy way out ) will be exercising and eating healthy. Will be having a occasional glass of wine to keep my sanity! Any recommendations on a specific diet or recipes? Thank you for hearing me out folks. Hope to meet new friends going through the same thing. -Felicia

Replies

• dtaylor470
    dtaylor470 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Fromero!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    What does belviq do ?

Take advice from me stick to plan stick to maintence otherwise it's years yoyoing like me

• Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yea this is right ^^^ stick to maintenance because being in a calorie deficit is not a long term solution so eat a wel balanced diet and stick to maintenence calories you want to burn the excess calories through exercising and cardio hope this helps, forget the wine and drink vodka because vodka has zero calories lol
  • Biker_Dave
    Biker_Dave Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!

It's hard but the best thing to do is to re-educate yourself about food, to understand it's relationship to your life and what type of eater you are.

It's easy to reduce calories but if there is an underlying reason why one overindulges you will eventually wind up back where you started; that's from personal experience.

For me I abused not only food but also alcohol and there were many times when I would go on the wagon, eat clean, train and the weight would go and I'd become a healthy bunny for a while. Problem is I never solved the underlying problems so my "unhappiness" was always bubbling below the surface waiting for a chance to escape; and it escaped often and with a vengeance!

After some serious soul searching there were a few things that I needed to come to terms with from my past, the death of my mother when I was 12, an abusive father and some things that I had drifted into, an unhappy marriage and job, that I needed to sort out.

I am, as they say, a work in progress but understanding why I have the potential to abuse food/alcohol gives me a set of tools to work with. It isn't easy and it does require a lot of work and a will to succeed but that's what this place is all about.

Anyhoo best of luck and if you ever need any support, encouragement or just a general "get off your @ss" kicking you've come to the right place!
  • abundantlyme
    abundantlyme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Friend me if you'd like, I'm working on losing 50, myself!
  • fromero20
    fromero20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I need to live a long healthy life so moving daily and eating healthy is a must. Does anyone do a cheat meal type of thing or is best to just start really healthy and get your mind off of junk? I'm a sucker for French fries lol and not a huge sweet potatoe fan! Maybe another potatoe alternative out there.
  • CraigMeeks2015
    CraigMeeks2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 give or take through the years. And going for a calorie deficit like someone else stated isn't a good plan. I did it, would lose weight and it came roaring back. To keep it off its really an entire lifestyle change. Don't count the calories, as much as you do what's in those calories. IE 60 cal of say brocolli is gonna do a ton more than 60 cal of sugar. Since you're already seeing a doc I'm sure there's a nutritionist around that can get you started on types of foods you should be eating and there's tons of websites that give recipies off what you enter into it.
  • domingoestradajr
    domingoestradajr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hello! I like the abs diet and zero sugar/zero belly diets by David zinczenko. They are good long-term solutions.
  • fromero20
    fromero20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for this great advice! I will be looking into a nutritionist and the zero sugar diet @TheCupcakeCounter . I've really been reading labels and cooking at home. Crazy how much garbage is in grocery stores today. I'm definitely educating myself for present and future!
  • lizziegal12
    lizziegal12 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm looking to lose 40/50lbs
  • Taimeinhappy
    Taimeinhappy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kg73106
    kg73106 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pepole that have a 1 cheat day a week tend to stay on track and eat healthy longer bUT don't over do it on that cheat day
  • mcavoyad
    mcavoyad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE Add me too please. I need to lose 78 lbs. And i can use the encouragement and friendship. I also like to help encourage others!
  • tessbooks
    tessbooks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too, please! New here and trying to lose at least 40.
  • GoodVibes71
    GoodVibes71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add if you like ! Wishing you all the success!
  • mzmock810
    mzmock810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's the method I'm using and in just 30 days, I've been more successful than I've been with years of yo yo dieting.

Everyday I repeat the same mantra to myself..."One pound at a time". Instead of focusing on the total amount of weight I want to lose, I just focus on one pound at a time.
    kg73106 wrote: »
    Pepole that have a 1 cheat day a week tend to stay on track and eat healthy longer bUT don't over do it on that cheat day

• scotttenley29
    scotttenley29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone may add me.
  • MarcieAlvarez71
    MarcieAlvarez71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    Trying to lose 55 lbs. Day 2.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like, I am struggling to lose 60 + lbs as well.