workouts???

Options
Hi I am just getting started about 2 weeks ago, I like some of what i have been doing, but I need more in house work outs, because I am stay at home mom, and It's easier for me to do everything at home!! I want opinions and suggestions. Do you like, turbo fire, zumba, turbo jam, P90X etc. what does everyone think!!!

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    - www.bodyrock.tv
    - P90x (or other beachbody dvds)
    - Jillian Michaels DVDs
    - Get some dumb bells, do some weight lifting
    - basic squats, push-ups, jump ropes, lunges, etc
    - Walk or running or biking in the neighborhood

Actually anything get you motivated. Try find some exercises related books from the library to get some ideas, such as:
    * The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier YOU!

Switch up and have fun
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I, personally, need some variety, so I hate long-commitment programs. My wife & I were not impressed by Power90, but she liked P90X (although if you're not already in decent shape, it's a b***h). She's currently doing TurboFire & loves it. I've done some of the workouts with her and they are effective and fun. What's more, I have a VERY low tolerance for how annoying many workout instructors are (I could strangle Tony Horton and Jillian Michaels), but don't find Chalene annoying at all.

You also might want to checkout http://www.exercisetv.tv/ for some free streaming workout vids (some of which are available on demand on Verizon Fios TV, if you have that).

Good luck!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you are more of a beginner I would suggest Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Lots and lots of people on here doing that one. And you can get it at Walmart or off Amazon for under $10.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Fire, Charlean Extreme (taking a break to focus on cardio and fat loss with TF), Zumba (Wii game & DVDs), Turbo Jam (step down from TF), and I found Jillian Michaels to be annoying and I never got past 4 days of 30 Day Shred.

If you have an On Demand service on your TV provider look up Exercise TV for a ton of free routines, including some of Jillian Michaels stuff, to get you started.
  • Ninjaninja1
    Ninjaninja1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    P90X is hard but worth it. You can start off with the lean program. It's not easier but has more cardio. I'm finishing up the lean this month and will start another 90 days on the classic.

Have you tried a treadmill? I bought one cheap on craigslist and use it every day along with P90X. 80lbs down, 40 more to go!!

Oh, and I just got Zumba to spice things up a bit. It's fun and is more challenging than expected.