Chocolate fan trying to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    But why not just eat regular sugar free chocolate pudding?

I don't know anything about the avocado stuff (although I have heard someone else bring it up before) but just butting in to say - why not the sugar free pudding?
    Because it's nasty disgusting, that's why! :s
    I love pudding, so I thought I would save calories when i got started on my weight loss by buying the sugar free pudding. Tried the first one- absolutely disgusting. *gag*
    Told my husband he could eat the rest of the 6 pack. Not sure if he did or threw it away, and I don't care. You couldn't pay me to eat any more of it.
    If I want pudding now, I just leave room for the real thing! :smiley:
    Butting back out now :wink:

That is how I feel about most sugar or fat free foods. Not worth the calorie savings. My dentist made a humorous comment about the dangers of sugar free gummy bears while drilling my teeth. Such a bad time to want to start laughing!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chocolate. Lol I choose chocolate protein bars, chocolate covered almonds and I still eat my Hershey chocolate too. Just fit it into my calories.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I mix about 125-150 grams 2% Greek Yogurt (2% tastes waaaay better than nonfat for this) with 2 tablespoons (10g) Unsweetened Hershey's cocoa powder and a packet of stevia. Add a dash of water or milk or leave it thicker either way. Heaven!! I have it almost every night as dessert, so good and packs alot of protein too. I love to put fruit like frozen (microwaved first) cherries. Or strawberries! So good! And without all the fat and sweeteners cocoa powder is actually really good for you and has a little fiber to boot!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Some of the dark chocolate comments have me rolling my eyes.

Dark chocolate, to be lower in sugar, should be 70% cocoa content.

It is an acquired taste, to get used to real chocolate, not the chocolate that most in the US are used to, but once you go there, you will be hooked.

I eat chocolate daily....it fits in to my daily calories. Yes, some of it is everyday mini chocolate bars, other times it is European chocolate.

Bottomline, allow yourself to have a small portion and count it in to your daily calories.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning: 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp wheat bran, 50g walnuts, 1 tsp brown sugar splenda, and some water. Microwaved it up and had with milk on top. Chocolate perfection - plus a nice jump on fiber for the day. :)
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Enjoy some dark chocolate it has a ton of health benefits. You just need to make sure to buy the right kind. I enjoy
    Ghirardelli's intense dark 86% cacao chocolate. A small square of that paired up with some raspberries or strawberries and you have a yummy, healthy fix to your chocolate craving.

Just look out for dutching when picking out a dark chocolate. Dutching is method used to process the raw cacao bean and affects the amount of flavanols in the end product. If your chocolate says “processed with alkali” on the nutrition label, then it’s going to have less flavanols.

flavanols are the substances that help lower blood pressure, improve vascular function, improve cognitive function , and even provides UV protection for our skin! Dark chocolate has a higher proportion of flavanols than milk chocolate. A higher percentage of cacao (cocoa) means a higher amount of flavanols.

So read those labels and stay away from anything that says “processed with alkali”