Intermittent fasting

Options
Has anybody tried this? I have been do this for at least 2 days now but I feel so hungry and often find myself eating more. Has anybody lost weight doing this?

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    No matter when you eat or how frequently, you still need to stay within your calorie goal to lose weight. For some people, fasting helps with maintaining a calorie deficit because of the restricted time windows for eating, but fasting in and of itself does not cause weight loss.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I do a slight form of it. I prefer to eat late at night so when i wake up i hold off on food as long as possible, No set rules as telling myself i CANT eat until __insert time__ Would make my stubborn *kitten* rebel.

Say i wake up at 8 am ill hold off on food until say 1 pm eat something small and then eat my meal at 2-230. I prefer to start eatign as close to 3ish as i can then i have from 3-bed to eat all the foods. Helps me stick to my calories and i get to eat bigger meals, But not really necessary at all.

IF is just a tool you do not need to use it it just helps some of us :p

Edit: id like to add i do not eat this way when im working because i have a very physical job, IF is pretty dependent on your life how you can adopt the practice.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I've been doing various IF protocols for around 5 years now. What version are you doing?
  • taratwocute
    taratwocute Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the help.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    For me IF works well. That is because I never liked eating breakfast and enjoy a big dinner because I sleep better full. Everyone is different though and this may not be the right approach for you. You might do better eating several small meals. Just play with it and find what you feel good with long term.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried this? I have been do this for at least 2 days now but I feel so hungry and often find myself eating more. Has anybody lost weight doing this?

you will lose weight if you are in a deficit. what kind of IF are you doing?